Scottish Lowlands Mystery/Navigation Run - August 24th Saturday

BigSkyBrad

Are you sure? That link shows Broomhall Castle, Stirling, not Barony Castle near Peebles 🤔 I'm booked into Barony Castle for the Saturday night 👍

• Like 1

Hi Brian, yes i have made it clearer now (there are 2 links), we have booked Broomhall at Stirling on the way down then Saturday it only leaves an hour to the start instead of a 4 hour hike, then Barony for the Saturday night before our jaunt home on the Sunday 😀

• Like 1

Booked at Barony too. Cheapest price was from their own website - stick that up your bum Trivago!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Eight Saturdays to go!

On the back of the success and great turn out of the Thames Valley Orienteering Run, come and join in on the Mystery Navigation Run on Saturday 24th August, south of Glasgow. Promising 200 miles of wiggly roads to whet the appetite, along with the (easy) challenge of navigating the route with rally-style instructions. More info at the start of the topic - any questions, just ask here or PM me.

Just a day out, or make a weekend of it, there's already folk doing it either way. Some are staying over in Peebles on Saturday night, gathering for a pub/restaurant meal in the evening, others just a day-run and back home, McWestys are used to travelling 100+ miles just to get to the start of a run! Rosetta Holiday Park/campsite is on the edge of town for those who don't mind tenting.

Starters...

1. Brad and Diane

2. Gary and Trina

3. H7 Brian (+1?)

4. Jim and Jean

Tentative...

1. Ziplob Bob and Lorna

2. Alfascozzesi Gary and William

Other McWestys? We don't get many runs in the year, given distance and climate, so how about it?

@Davep1 @Jonsey @Matta @Hornet600 @judder @Colsum @Robert (bombero) @David-hrv @Kirmodawn1 @Scottish Westy @clansman and others?

Northern AOs et al? Any interest?

@Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO @Steve (stevel) - Lancashire AO @Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Manchester AO @Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO

• Like 1

Hi Brad.

Nothing from my area as yet.

I did mention it to a couple of my locals but it was too far to travel with work etc.

Brad,

Put me down as well (maybe +1 in the car - but still working on it...!).

Cheers,

Dave.

Starters...

1. Brad and Diane

2. Gary and Trina

3. H7 Brian (+1?)

4. Jim and Jean

5. Dave (+1)

Tentative...

1. Ziplob Bob and Lorna

2. Alfascozzesi Gary and William

3. Kirmadawn Bob

I’ve mentioned it but no takers as yet - and I’m in Skye that week so too far north!

9 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

I’ve mentioned it but no takers as yet - and I’m in Skye that week so too far north!

I am starting to realise you spend a lot of time up here.

2 minutes ago, Alfascozzesi said:

I am starting to realise you spend a lot of time up here.

Haha - Yes this year especially but it's mostly the borders on Westy run outs!

Worth mentioning there are plenty of air bnb's in Peebles still available (I have just booked one very close to the centre).

Dave.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

We’re up in speyside and going down so you’ll be closer than us ...... see you Sunday 😁

Hi Brad. I don't have a trip meter or mileometer that work full time but put me down anyway. If I don't fix it before the event and they decide not to work on the day i'll guess it..

1 hour ago, Colsum said:

Hi Brad. I don't have a trip meter or mileometer that work full time but put me down anyway. If I don't fix it before the event and they decide not to work on the day i'll guess it..

Satnav? Or mobile app?