Scottish Lowlands Mystery/Navigation Run - August 24th Saturday

BigSkyBrad

Brian, I heard about your accident ... I'm just glad to hear that you're okay! I'd be fuming too and I hope that the other driver (and her insurance company) accept full responsibility without a hitch. Get some photos posted up so we can all have a wince at the damage 🤨😉

1 minute ago, Robert (bombero) said:

Brian, I heard about your accident ... I'm just glad to hear that you're okay! I'd be fuming too and I hope that the other driver (and her insurance company) accept full responsibility without a hitch. Get some photos posted up so we can all have a wince at the damage 🤨😉

Thanks Rab, it's not pretty, but here you go ...

5C763CE1-DE8C-495D-ABA3-457D18D08794.jpeg

93589645-25CA-432C-A989-85289AD40274.jpeg

C62AE555-87D9-41F9-A4F9-EBDC4459E411.jpeg

1E986F1F-FCFF-4C6F-A0AF-BBD03FD72606.jpeg

😫😡 You can clearly see that you had nowhere else to go!! What a mess but I can see a new widetrack kit, some flared side panels and nifty new carbon cycle wings over the winter 😀  

• Like 1

What a fantastic weekend. Superb roads, gorgeous scenery, great company and even the Misses enjoyed it. 

Massive thank you to Brad and Diane for all the time they sacrificed and effort they went to in organising the event for the rest of us to enjoy. 

For those that didn’t make it this year, keep an eye out for the next one. Definitely not to be missed. Would be good to see more cars involved to justify the amount of planning it takes.......then maybe I won’t come in last😳 (not that it’s a race, but I did start first). 

Hope you get car sorted Brian.

Colin and Leanna. 

3842AA6C-D986-4CED-845D-82D68E552350.jpeg

7426F5D9-6404-48B9-B737-5545B105B361.jpeg

• Like 2

A big thanks to everyone who joined in on the run, you all made it what it was. Having been on, and indeed organised, many of these tulip mystery runs back home in NZ (some up to 150 entrants), it's great to know that the formula works just as well with a group of Westies. Certainly gives me encouragement to organise another one, in the hope that a good number more join in on the fun - the more cars entered, the more fun it becomes, with crews crossing paths through the day.

The great roads and scenery were a given, Scotland is riddled with them, and the weather really was one out of the bag. The social side is a bonus, everyone had a blast, and no divorce proceedings were undertaken! Having an event where the 'navigators' are having just as much fun can help loosen the purse-strings for that engine swap or new carbon thingy you've been after!👍😉 (or just a new front end in Brian's case, sorry mate, couldn't resist).

So on those notes, I have already started thinking of route options for next year, and the more I think about it, the start and finish will more than likely remain the same, given the Cairn Lodge services is well placed and has plenty of space and there is plenty of accomodation options in Peebles for those who wish to stay over on the Saturday night. A new thread for 2020 will be posted in, well, 2020 - start of January. That gives plenty of notice for folk to schedule calendars and sort accomodation if required, for late August/early Sept (tba).

Again, thanks to all on the run. The rest? - come and join us, it's a hoot.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Update: Good news! My insurance company has authorised the repairs on my car 😌  I was concerned that they might write it off with the estimate of over £5.5k to fix it. Given the complexity and lead times on some of the repair items, it won't be back on the road till next year. Ah well ... 😩 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, H.7 said:

Update: Good news! My insurance company has authorised the repairs on my car 😌  I was concerned that they might write it off with the estimate of over £5.5k to fix it. Given the complexity and lead times on some of the repair items, it won't be back on the road till next year. Ah well ... 😩 

That’s good news that they are going ahead with the repairs and we look forward to seeing her back on the road

1 hour ago, H.7 said:

Good news, bad news then. But it will be back, that’s the most important thing, as long as everyone involved is physically ok.

• 1 year later...

Final update:

Well, it has taken the best part of two years, but white van wummin's insurance company have finally admitted that she was at fault 😊

DB22589A-CDF4-4165-AAE9-F50B00ED8DF3.jpeg

• Like 3