This area is exclusively for questions and Info on membership, benefits, etc. - all other posts or threads will be moved or deleted as applicable. Please read the pinned notice(s) at the top of the forum before starting a new thread.
Forum for links to all external selling websites, such as eBay or similar. Note: WSCC cannot be held responsible for the content of other sites. Buyer / Seller beware of standard Internet buying issues.
So I routed the backplate based on my assembled 3D printed template. With a woodworking router and bearing bit. Like a knife in hot butter. No filing required.
Happy with the result. Round circles, holes aligned, fits perfect. A bit surpised, but hey, I won't complain when things go according to plan.
The C shaped thingy is the "nut holder, allowing me to bolt the plate to the carbs. Not a lot of torque transmitted, but enough to tigthen the plate. Got 4 of them, screw the top nut, the bottom, hidden one falls in front of the hole.
(1.5mm floppy alloy)
The grid has not been kind with my prints, power glitches ruining 3 nine hours attempts and a significant length of good petg filament. (layer shifted by an inch or so)
Beside the obvious defect, layer adhesion and resulting object was perfect. As PETG is a bit finicky regarding glue, I added a thin (1mm) inner lip to have overlap on the objects. Will help assembly and give more surface for superglue to perform its magic. I also beefed up a tad the fillet on the lower side (+1mm) in order to have a sturdier profile to seeal with the backplate thanks to sticky foam.
Will still cover it in fiber, just to be on the safe side of heat and vibrations...
Although i did manage to get it to fit i had another link pipe made up.
The original one was made up at a 16 degree angle as per the jig they have, i measured the angles and now have a replacement one made up at 6 degrees..and weather permitting i will be fitting this tomorrow.
Hopefully this should be the last time it has to come off...🤔
Next up will be the clutch!