Forum Registration Terms & Conditions
This forum is the online site for chat and discussion for the Westfield Sports Car Club members. In addition, non-club members are welcome to have trial usage of the site for up to 30 days or 50 posts, whichever occurs first. There are some restrictions on trial members during this time as detailed below.
Posts on this site are solely the view of the individual and do not represent any associations or views carried by Westfield Sports Car Club except were explicitly noted.
Full forum usage guidelines are available here.
Everyone must register a user name with the site, which must not be of a commercial nature (i.e. user names such as "Bob's Garage" or "Fred's Spares" are not allowed) . To register a user name you must give a valid email address that MUST be spelt correctly and be working. As part of the registration process you are sent an email to activate your user name and verify your email address. Anyone found to have deliberately used an email address to remove tracking may have their account removed if it is not possible to contact them after 7 days.
Your IP Address is logged with every visit and when you post a message so if you post any malicious or offending articles, your identity can be traced.
Remember you are solely responsible for the content you write here. Any comment that is libellous, defamatory or obscene may result is serious liability to the poster as well as the club. By joining and posting in this forum you agree and understand that you are liable for the content you write here.
If in doubt - don't post!
Registration of any membership name that implies connection with any organisation or position that is spurious or non-existent will result in membership being revoked. Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. All messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of the Club or the moderators of this forum. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violate any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this Message Board.
The Club operates a zero tolerance policy regarding using this forum to bully other users, either via posts or PMs, and if proven, the Committee will impose strong sanctions on offenders as deemed appropriate and necessary.
Any breach of the forum usage guidelines or problems with any posting of any kind should be reported via the "Report this post' link.
Adverts may be posted under the following conditions:
- Personal adverts may be posted by fully paid up WSCC Members in any member advert section of the site.
- Adverts on behalf of other identifiable club members may also be made by a club member in these sections.
- Adverts on behalf of non-members must be made into the External Adverts section of the site. Any adverts that do not abide by the above rules will be removed or moved to the External Adverts section of the website.
- Members may NOT post adverts on behalf of companies or commercial bodies.
- Sponsors and Trade members may post commercial adverts in the relevant advert section of the site. These can offer any product or service for website users. Where a special offer is made to club members only this should be apparent in the advert with any conditions.
- Sponsors and Trade members may respond to posts with offers of products and services only if they are directly relevant to the posters query or problem.
- Non-members may post adverts during the trial period to the External Adverts section either as links to another site or as full adverts.
Trial Website Users
This website is for the use and discussion amongst Westfield Sports Car Club members. However in order that current non-members may try out the site prior to membership as well as contribute information and adverts, a trial membership period is offered. This period is for 30 days or 50 posts, whichever occurs first.
During this trial period, all services will be available except: Posting adverts in sections other than External Adverts and reading member only forum content. When the trial period expires, trial members may purchase full WSCC membership, or extend their trial for a small fee for two months at a time.