The Long Way North 2: WSCC Club Road trip 22nd/23rd June 2024

Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator

Brilliant plan and wish you all the best. Unfortunately logistically not possible for me. It would involve two additional nights accommodation (one at the beginning and one at the end) and still leave me with a drive home of over 4 hours.聽

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndrewBClarke said:

Brilliant plan and wish you all the best. Unfortunately logistically not possible for me. It would involve two additional nights accommodation (one at the beginning and one at the end) and still leave me with a drive home of over 4 hours.聽

@AndrewBClarke聽Thanks for letting me know, you could always consider just doing day 1聽馃槑

@Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator

聽could I ask a couple of questions please.

What time will you leave Edale cos it's a 2.5hr+ drive there for me from Worcestershire?聽

I presume 2nd day is Darlington to Berwick. What happens then - is a drive back south planned or is it just everyone to their own devices?聽

Is there any chance of the route being made available as a .gpx so solo drivers could use a satnav?聽

Thanks, Stuart聽

• Like 1

Sounds really good this, I'm definitely interested聽

• Like 1

Thank you Marcus for the time and effort you have put into this, it sounds great, very interested here, driving and swimming what a great combination.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

@Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator

聽could I ask a couple of questions please.

What time will you leave Edale cos it's a 2.5hr+ drive there for me from Worcestershire?聽

I presume 2nd day is Darlington to Berwick. What happens then - is a drive back south planned or is it just everyone to their own devices?聽

Is there any chance of the route being made available as a .gpx so solo drivers could use a satnav?聽

Thanks, Stuart聽

@Stuart聽Thanks for questions please see below ;

What time will you leave Edale

• Meet at Edale 9am for approx departure 9:30am.

• Yes 2nd day is Darlington (Scotch Corner) to Berwick Upon Tweed, after which we are all free to do whatever we wish.

• Yes I am looking at plotting the route to be available in .gpx .itn etc, these will be for reference if anyone gets lost or as you say for solo drivers, although the idea of the tour is to use the roadmap as a 'mystery tour' guidance.

To expand on the above and from the experience of the original tour everybody can meet at the start point for a tyre kick and chin wag, then you are free to set off when you want, with who you want (we don't want a massive single convoy so to speak) some people will go on their own and some people in small groups - its up to you. You may bump into others (not literally!) on the way, at petrol stations etc then hopefully all rendezvous at the Hotel stop. With this same format repeating on Sunday. Members who are travelling South on day two may wish to cut that leg short if they so wish聽馃憤

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just tried to book this and Charlotte at The Holiday Inn seems to work normal office hours, so will try again tomorrow daytime.

• Like 1

I'm booked. Gonna stay somewhere near Edale Friday night. I'll be solo so whether I do the Sunday leg is dependent on me finding someone to fraternise with Sunday eve and drive at least part of the way back with on the Monday.聽

Billy no Westfield mates......聽

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative said:

Just tried to book this and Charlotte at The Holiday Inn seems to work normal office hours, so will try again tomorrow daytime.

@Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative 聽I've just checked Charlottes emails and her working hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 8.30-16.30聽聽馃憤

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I'm booked. Gonna stay somewhere near Edale Friday night. I'll be solo so whether I do the Sunday leg is dependent on me finding someone to fraternise with Sunday eve and drive at least part of the way back with on the Monday.聽

Billy no Westfield mates......聽

Great stuff @Stuart馃憤... you could advertise a free passenger/navigator seat聽馃槑

On 16/01/2024 at 19:09, Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative said:

very interested here, driving and swimming what a great combination.

and not forgetting this for Glen聽馃榿

On 15/01/2024 at 20:51, Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator said:

A range of beauty therapies are also available.

17 minutes ago, Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator said:

and not forgetting this for Glen聽馃榿

blimey, they will have to be skilled beauty therapists馃槷馃榿

• Like 1