The Long Way North 2: WSCC Club Road trip 22nd/23rd June 2024

Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator

Did this back in 2008, great weekend!

Not wishing to interfere but back then the Holiday Inn cordoned off part of the car park around the back where with careful parking side by side and a row of cars parked nose to tail across the others we made the parking as secure as possible. Could be worth looking into.

With luck we can also join you…..

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Steve20 said:

Did this back in 2008, great weekend!

Not wishing to interfere but back then the Holiday Inn cordoned off part of the car park around the back where with careful parking side by side and a row of cars parked nose to tail across the others we made the parking as secure as possible. Could be worth looking into.

With luck we can also join you…..

@Steve20 not interfering at all! and yes you are correct, I have already asked the hotel if we can have that area around the back for secure parking and await confirmation 👍 and do hope you can make it again 😎

We're up for this trip too.

We will try and book the hotel tomorrow. :db-westy:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Andy Westwood said:

We're up for this trip too.

We will try and book the hotel tomorrow. :db-westy:

I hope there's plenty of cake stops for you!

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

I hope there's plenty of cake stops for you!

I'm sure there will be. Our cake hunting leader Julie is going too.🤣

• Haha 2

Yes we are going cake hunting on the Pennine Way. Booked with Charlotte today. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I may tag along on the sunday as its  half an hour to scotch corner for me if I can get the sunday night off work. 

• Like 3

Just thinking of Monday, if we stop over at say, the Travelodge, Berwick on Sunday night? then that puts us right with the tide times, we can pop on to Holy Island on Monday morning before taking the coast road down past Bamburgh Castle to Warkworth and South.

Any opinions, especially from locals, if that is a good idea? (will have to wash the salt water off when we get home of course)

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative said:

Just thinking of Monday, if we stop over at say, the Travelodge, Berwick on Sunday night? then that puts us right with the tide times, we can pop on to Holy Island on Monday morning before taking the coast road down past Bamburgh Castle to Warkworth and South.

Any opinions, especially from locals, if that is a good idea? (will have to wash the salt water off when we get home of course)

Apart from the salt water, why not?

But for a route back down, I'd suggest going Via Alnwick, Rothbury, Bellingham, Wark and then on down the A68. Much better than the coastal road that simply ends up in dullsville.

Screenshot2024-01-19at10_13_00.png.6ea80c9206c01967599c27e838dcabef.png

I'll be up in the Highlands that weekend, otherwise would have met up.

EDIT: ignore that first section down the A1, defo go via Bamburgh and Seahouses (great Fish n Chips) and Craster (for Kippers)

Screenshot2024-01-19at10_19_25.png.48bf7d5b62f98d39c3da6fd23f418915.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you want a nice place to stay with good food up near Bamburgh, the Apple Inn at Lucker is one we have been to a few times.

• Thanks 1

We are coming 😎 sort of got the Saturday off …. Well asked as we were leaving for this holiday & he didn’t say no so it’s a yes for us 👍

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative said:

Are you thinking of doing the trip back from Berwick to home in the one day? 

37 minutes ago, ianali said:

Are you thinking of doing the trip back from Berwick to home in the one day? 

The workers amongst us 🤣 are already taking the **** by asking for one day off and taking two 🫣 so it’s home for us on the  Monday ☹️ you slackers can take your time 😘

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, ianali said:

Yes I forgot. You don’t have many holidays do you ….

Only using my allowance plus a few shift stops 🤣 we need to find 4 days for next January, a bit of sweet talking is needed I think 🤔