The Long Way North 2: WSCC Club Road trip 22nd/23rd June 2024

Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator

BTTT 6 places still left 😁

• 2 weeks later...

@Stuart @Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative  @DomWash @Andy Westwood @Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator @aeg @Glynn Walters @ianali @Steve Bosworth @neptune @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman @W Shep @Jim cunliffe @tex

Event update: We have a 70 page draft roadbook ready 😎

The WSCC event team will be carrying out a ''dry run'' (hopefully 😆) over the next couple of weekends to make any tweaks required to the roadbook which will then be going for print.

If all goes well the roadbook will be ready for distribution prior at Malvern kit car show, so @Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator can hopefully distribute to any club members at Malvern who are going on the tour, for the remainder of participants we can post out the roadbook to you so you have a chance to study it prior to the event weekend.

Promotional clothing and stickers will be handed out at the start point on the day :yes:

draft tlwn.jpg

• Like 4

Evening guys I am based in Newcastle upon Tyne would it be possible tag on with you guys on the Sunday morning, and if so how would I go about doing this 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Markh80 said:

Evening guys I am based in Newcastle upon Tyne would it be possible tag on with you guys on the Sunday morning, and if so how would I go about doing this 

Yes no problem @Markh80 you will need to be at Holiday Inn Darlington A1 Scotch Corner at approx 9am on Sunday 23rd June. I will add your name to the list :yes:

@Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator thanks.  Is it still intended to make the route available in .gpx for satnavs for solo drivers?  I may have a co-driver but it's by no means 100% (he currently has a back problem which might mean he can't do it and I have no other takers)

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

@Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator thanks.  Is it still intended to make the route available in .gpx for satnavs for solo drivers?  I may have a co-driver but it's by no means 100% (he currently has a back problem which might mean he can't do it and I have no other takers)

@StuartYes hopefully for reference, I've not got round to it yet not sure how accurate I can get it as the route is very long and complex, open to offers of help to create one if anyone is interested!

2 hours ago, Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator said:

@StuartYes hopefully for reference, I've not got round to it yet not sure how accurate I can get it as the route is very long and complex, open to offers of help to create one if anyone is interested!

@Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator I'd be happy to have a go at it myself using MyRoute.  I think it might only allow a finite number of waypoints though so might be necessary to divide it up

3 hours ago, Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator said:

I don’t mind having a go, I’ve done one before for a europe motorcycle trip I did. Just need the route plan drawing so I can convert to digital 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

@Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator I'd be happy to have a go at it myself using MyRoute.  I think it might only allow a finite number of waypoints though so might be necessary to divide it up

43 minutes ago, Steve Bosworth said:

I don’t mind having a go, I’ve done one before for a europe motorcycle trip I did. Just need the route plan drawing so I can convert to digital 👍🏻

@Stuart @Steve Bosworth Gents thank you very much 😎 I will contact you both via a group pm after the dry run so I can share the up to date roadbook and the other route info I have and hopefully between us we can sort something out :yes:

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Stuart said:

@Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator is this still starting in Edale? Cos it says Buxton on the road book. Did I miss something? 

@Stuart start point is Rushup Edge car park at the top of Winnats Pass near Castleton, I've amended first post. This is detailed in the road book :yes: nearest 24 hour petrol station for folks to fill up and have a toilet break before hand is Texaco Hope valley S33 0EB and there is also a Morrisons  in Chapel-en-Le-Frith SK23 0HZ

TLWN2 STARTING POINT.jpg

• Like 1

A big box of stuff has arrived, must be the promotional clothing 😎

IMG_3210.jpeg

• Like 2

Hi,

Would me and my OH be able to join up on the Sunday? We only live in Darlington. My missus is just going to check we ain’t away in the caravan that weekend, she has left her phone at work.

2 hours ago, Insuranceman said:

Hi,

Would me and my OH be able to join up on the Sunday? We only live in Darlington. My missus is just going to check we ain’t away in the caravan that weekend, she has left her phone at work.

@Insuranceman Yes you and OH are more than welcome please let us know once you have checked dates and I can then add you to the list :yes: