Kugawestie's MX5 SDV Build Thread - Now An Upgrade Thread

KugaWestie

I gave them back like a good boy Cap'n, we cant all be rebels you know :oops:

Ah well, some people just refuse to be led slightly astray...despite my best efforts! :laugh:

Enjoy your weekend anyway mate, bet you're still going to be tinkering on the car anyway!

Tinker tinker tinker

I need to get the nose cone off to remove the indicator spacers - any tips for this without boogering up the headlight alignment?

A few shots from today:-

Parked up waiting to be inspected

P4050278.jpg

A well wrapped up proud owner

P4050280.jpg

And arriving back at my gaff

P4050281.jpg

P4050282.jpg

Park up a set distance from your garage door, pop your headlamps on and mark up the garage door to suit!

Nose cone should come off with a wiggle and not need to touch the headlights. Plus they should be tight as to not move any way.

You'll be one of few people if you can do it without swivelling one side! Sure, not everyone has to, but it's common enough that the garage doing my MOTs asks if I had the nose cone off since last time, before they bother testing alignment.

(if the answers yes, the owner gives me a pained look and asks if I've brought the right spanner! :laugh:)

Nose cone should come off with a wiggle and not need to touch the headlights. Plus they should be tight as to not move any way.

There must be a knack to this wiggle Rick?

Looking good. Shame you could't get the plates today.

Hopefully the document will come soon.

I have never undone my headlights to take my nose cone off. And it's been off loads. You have to lift the bottom clear of the bracket then take the nose cone backwards until it gets thin enough to take out between the lights.

I have had the car out on the drive this morning, tinkering ;)

I decided to attack the bodywork again, and have now completed the bonnet, nose cone and front cycle wings. They look much better now, swirls are all gone.

The nosecone

SAM_0758.jpg

The bonnet

SAM_0759.jpg

Nice and shiny :d

Then in anticipation, I fitted the tax disc holder ready for postman pat to bring me a tax disc sometime next week

SAM_0760.jpg

SAM_0761.jpg

And finally, a sticker on the rear of the tub

SAM_0763.jpg

SAM_0764.jpg

I still have plenty more of the bodywork to go at ???

Ah the shine will soon wear off once you start to use it ;)

Just been out in mine and I had forgotten how much fun it was.

If you polish enough, you might get those dodgy reflections off the car in the first, second to last and last photos. :p;)

If you polish enough, you might get those dodgy reflections off the car in the first, second to last and last photos. :p;)

I will take that as a compliment Cap'n :oops: