Kugawestie's MX5 SDV Build Thread - Now An Upgrade Thread

KugaWestie

That's a shame Rick, sad to hear you're thinking of selling it :(

Yes, it would be a shame, dont be hasty there Rick. You need to make some time to enjoy it after all that hard work building it to a fantastic standard

I picked up the trade plates today, and they are now on the car ready for tomorrow's blat down to Theale for the DVLA inspection :westy:

Weather is looking cold, overcast and 20% chance of rain, hopefully I will miss the showers :oops:

I think a few layers and a pair of gloves with a wooly hat will be the order of the day :oops:

I am intrigued to see how effective the sidescreens will be in keeping the wind out and keeping me warmer than the very cold drive I had going to the IVA test

I am intrigued to see how effective the sidescreens will be in keeping the wind out and keeping me warmer than the very cold drive I had going to the IVA test

Gary the sidescreens make a huge difference when driving the car, its almost a civilised experience compared to driving without them. I had a windchill temp of -8 when I did a 75 mile round trip to my IVA, so you'll be fine.

I had a windchill temp of -8 when I did a 75 mile round trip to my IVA, so you'll be fine.

Yeah but you are used to them sort of temps - us southerners, different matter :p

I am looking forward to another "pre-registration" drive tomorrow

As dean said they do an amazing job. Driving the car without them becomes a pain in the A***

Wind deflectors. eBay. Do a search. That is all.

Wind deflectors. eBay. Do a search. That is all.

Sidescreens are fine for me :t-up:

Hey, not so fast! How did it go today with the DVLA?

Well I have just got back from my blat down to Theale for the DVLA inspection.

The car ran perfect again, although the suspension/geo does need some proper attention, which will be sorted soon.

The good news is, I will get an age related plate :cool:

There was a slightly sticky moment when the inspector asked me why the engine number had been changed when I bought the donor (ahem), to which I replied this is the engine that came out of the car so it must have been changed by a previous owner. I quickly followed this up by showing a load of photos of engine, gearbox, drive shafts, hubs etc.

So I now have to wait for the DVLA Oxford office to process the paperwork which they have told me will not be today due to staff holidays, so I guess it will arrive in the post sometime next week

Then it will be :westy:

Excellent news! Bummer you didn't get the reg today and had to go through all that nonsense. When you get your plates, Godzilla will do another dance for you! :cool::t-up:

Good news. over the last hurdle and just the short run to the finish line. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Gozdilla will have to be patient for a few days while the DVLA bods eat chocolate.

I am itching to get out in it for real now!

Still got the trade plates? :devil:

No, I promised to drop them back as soon as I was done with them. I did not want to take toooo much advantage, honest person that I am ???

I honestly think you need them over Easter...don't you? ;):t-up: