Abingdon Track Day 18th July 2014

Dommo

Whats the chuck wagon like on site?

Standard burger van type, had a burger last time. Don't know what else it did other than meat and drinks. I'm packing some drinks, crisps and nibbles. Thrown some sockets and allen keys into the car to contribute to the cause. Might try and remember a folding chair.

Tesco is less than 5 minutes down the road and I normally go there for food as the burger van is ok but there is a mad rush at lunch.

I'm taking a cool box. No gazebo this time though as Dom isn't trailering his car and it needs the big Discovery to fit the stupid thing in.

That said, the way fitting one pair of brake pads has gone today I may well be going in my BMW! Or going shopping with my wife in Bristol lol

I'm taking a cool box. No gazebo this time though as Dom isn't trailering his car and it needs the big Discovery to fit the stupid thing in.

Will it fit in a sensible family hatchback with the seats down?

I am pretty much set.

Lid is ready, water in the fridge chilling, cool bag at the ready.

Chair in the passenger footwell

Form filled out ready.

Suntan lotion to be applied in the morning!

Have a good one,

I did try to see if there was an opportunity for half a day but unfortunately for me its fully booked :(

Put my car on the trailer yesterday, and covered it with a lightweight waterproof cover. The wind and torrential rain overnight ripped the cover off and the damned thing is now soaked inside. :( My tonneau doesn't fit properly due to the RAC roll bar and tombstone fibreglass driving seat). But the sun will soon dry it out! :)

Doh!! Here's hoping it dries on the way. We had thunder and lightning last night but it looks like the roads are nearly dry already.

Massive storms last night here as well.

Forecast is dry all day, and roasting this afternoon!

See you all in a while

Have fun all. Pics needed and full diagnosis afterwards of the spins!

Not long home and showered (god that felt good!) and now pulling my videos off the GoPro. They may make it online. Maybe.

The car survived ok but my intention to use up the remaining tread on the tyre came all too true when I had a huge lock up and put a lovely flat spot in them.

26427394606748-vi.jpg

Dom was, as always, looking to shed some weight for those few final tenths.

06427394706168-vi.jpg

And a few group shots from the paddock:

43427394743870-vi.jpg

13427394533738-vi.jpg

09427394829557-vi.jpg

25427394785747-vi.jpg

A crackin' day out - great fun!  Thanks for your company, chasps, we must do it again some time!  I'm thinking Hullavington next.  Must check the dates.