Abingdon Track Day 18th July 2014

Dommo

Excellent MOTCO

Is that 7 or 8 Westfields now then?

Im hoping to come along & watch you guys at play. Would love to take part but my exhaust is too noisy and would not pass the test - hoping to get a new one shortly though.

Im hoping to come along & watch you guys at play. Would love to take part but my exhaust is too noisy and would not pass the test - hoping to get a new one shortly though.

Have you had it tested by MSE or another circuit organiser? It's a bit of a black art IMHO

Have you had it tested by MSE or another circuit organiser? It's a bit of a black art IMHO

Haven't had it tested but it sounds like a scalded cat at 4500 rpm (not that I've ever scalded a cat you understand) - I love it but am sure it's over 100db. Might ask Abingdon to test if I can get there so I will know.

Just seen the Westfield ad in the latest mag, they have a 6" re-packable exhaust for £375. If they will answer the phone, might order one ready for the next local track day !!

I was convinced mine would be too noisy at the IVA, and it came in at a very respectable 94dB.

I think it may be a bit louder now, not had it tested since IVA so hopefully it will be ok!!!

They do sound loud but you will probably be suprised

I was convinced mine would be too noisy at the IVA, and it came in at a very respectable 94dB.

I think it may be a bit louder now, not had it tested since IVA so hopefully it will be ok!!!

They do sound loud but you will probably be suprised

plus they do seem lenient at Abingdon

I've booked Abingdon on the 18th and Hullavington this coming Friday. I hope my car survives Hullavington unscathed because Abingdon is my preferred venue but I haven't done a trackday for nearly two years, so I'm overdosing!

Brave man, I want to give Hullavington a go! Who's the organizer this Friday? See you at Abingdon.

Abingdon and Hullavington, and Keevil for that matter, are all Motorsport Events meetings.

I'm at Hullavington too on Friday see you there!

would love to come along..... buts its sold out :-(  Can anybody get me in? 

Haven't had it tested but it sounds like a scalded cat at 4500 rpm (not that I've ever scalded a cat you understand) - I love it but am sure it's over 100db. Might ask Abingdon to test if I can get there so I will know.

Just seen the Westfield ad in the latest mag, they have a 6" re-packable exhaust for £375. If they will answer the phone, might order one ready for the next local track day !!

I'm sure Wunoff would cost less than that - I am a bit out of date with them, though. They're in the Leeds area I seem to recall. If you can get along to Hullavington or Abingdon, bring the car and they will happily test for you while you wait.

http://www.wunoff.co.uk/

I'm at Hullavington too on Friday see you there!

I did see a white Westfield (upside down legend on filter on air intake?) but didn't get the chance to say hello. I walked past on the way to the thunder box but couldn't see anyone obvious to say 'Hi' to. Mine is the green wide-body with flared wings and variously driven by a white helmeted or black helmeted driver. My son's Z4M Coupé was also there. Great day with superb weather - I'm a fetching shade of lobster this morning.

I must say my hitherto unused set of scrubbed Proxes were a transformation of the car after the old and glazed tyres I had before. Never did find the limit of grip.

Roll on Abingdon if the weather's kind!

Forecast is wall to wall sunshine and 28 degrees... best dig out the waterproofs no doubt

Oh no, that means a weather report will be wrong?! That never happens