Abingdon Track Day 18th July 2014

Dommo

Following on from last Friday, M4444444444444444444444TTB, The Stoat and I are booked in again for Friday 18th July. Anyone care to join us? £129 from Motorsport Events.

Sounds good, just need to check the work calendar tomorrow

I'm hoping to come along.  Had great fun on the last one.

I will be in on this  :d

I want to get some tuition - is it best to book online in advance or just sort it out on the day?

Excellent - looking forward to a passenger ride in a Mazda with some powerz!

Usually space to book on the day to be fair. I've never booked it online, but suspect it saves remembering to take extra cash.

Thanks Dommo,

What would you suggest - 3 x 20 min sessions for a novice/numpty?

Gary, I've got away with one session each time and I doubt any more than two would be cost effective.  At Abingdon they were particularly generous with their time, so had way more than the scheduled 25mins.  Also signed my car over to one of the instructors to show me a fast lap or two and the lines to take which was a real benefit.  By getting a lesson early in the day, it left the rest of the day to get used to the circuit and make each lap smoother and quicker than the last one, while avoiding any stray batteries left on the track.... :p

Thanks Mike, sounds like one session early in the day then! Did you sort it out on the day or pre-book?

I'd be interested in this again.. Last time Andrew Cotswold AO sorted out free tuition session for everyone with MSE as 10+ WSCC people booked. I'll pop him over an email asking if we could arrange the same again?

I'd be interested in this again.. Last time Andrew Cotswold AO sorted out free tuition session for everyone with MSE as 10+ WSCC people booked. I'll pop him over an email asking if we could arrange the same again?

That would be good Paul, see what you can do!

I have just booked, so am IN  :d

I am going to ask an instructor to take me out as as Mooch says it would be great to see the lines they use and what some who can drive properly can do with the car.

I am going to ask an instructor to take me out as as Mooch says it would be great to see the lines they use and what some who can drive properly can do with the car.

An instructor driving your car to 9/10ths could be utterly terrifying as a passenger!