Kugawestie's MX5 SDV Build Thread - Now An Upgrade Thread

KugaWestie

Last night I took the nosecone off and removed the indicator spacers, then put the nosecone back on.

I also put the tax disc in its new home

The carbon panel arrived from Mick yesterday, so I now have a boot box lid to make up sometime :)

Number plates are due to arrive by lunchtime, it is going to be a long afternoon at work.....

The number plates arrived this morning as promised.

So I got home from work, fitted them to the car and took it out - it felt great. I spent most of the time I was out in it giggling and grinning :d

I took a couple of shots outside Blenheim Palace - I woke the gate attendant up :laugh:

SAM_0767.jpg

SAM_0768.jpg

SAM_0769.jpg

SAM_0770.jpg

SAM_0771.jpg

Bet even old Winston would appreciate that.

Bob :d

Well done Gary :yes: she's looking great :cool:

I still clearly remember my first legal blat, I used it for work :oops: The builders were somewhat taken back when I rocked up at their sites for inspections in the Westfield :d

nice number the DVLA have given you too, only 6 characters :)

I am very pleased with the number, I was quite suprised when I opened the envelope and saw it. Maybe they decided to treat me after I stopped hassling them ???

Bet even old Winston would appreciate that.

Bob :d

Well done Gary :yes: she's looking great :cool:

Fantastic Gary..Looks great .

Thanks Guys - I am well pleased with the end result - and the exhaust sound/burble is really addictive :westy:

Looking good Gary. Now you just need a pass to go to Stoneleigh

Looking good Gary. Now you just need a pass to go to Stoneleigh

Cheers Nic.

I have had the pass approved since before Xmas :d

I will be there on the Sunday :yes:

I love a happy ending! Looks like cool but dry for the weekend as well! Believe me, you never stop grinning either! Look forward to seeing it at Stoneleigh! Enjoy, Gary!

Captain - you are the king of youtube!

A masterpiece of construction - a product of Bitish ingenuity, skill and sheer brilliance

And Belenheim Palace is pretty good, too!

+1 for the plate too.

Great driving song is that!

Kind of bittersweet though - end of a great build thread and story. Of course, a new one is always around the corner...much knowledge and wisdom you have learned, yeeessss....to pass on to others you must!

Kind of bittersweet though - end of a great build thread and story. Of course, a new one is always around the corner...much knowledge and wisdom you have learned, yeeessss....to pass on to others you must!

I agree - a song that makes the speedo rise and surprise you!

I have really enjoyed the build process and running the thread. It has had nearly 20,000 views!

WE NEED A NEW BUILD THREAD ;)

Don't worry Scott, I may start my re-build again at some point to give you something to read.

Failing that we can always go a pester Cleggy about his Spyder.

• Like 1