• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Applecross 2012

ziplob

This is on the Edinburgh side of the Forth Road Bridge, next to McDonalds, you can't miss it.

JimM we all just chip in a few ££'s to a food fund and the magical weeDov sorts it all out. Just bring your own beer and plenty midgie cream as the midgies are likely to be out in force with all the warm wet weather we've been having. Although if the English Westy guys are meeting up with us, the midgies will detect the English accent and go in for the kill, leaving us jocks untouched :d

Got it... Forth, not Fort. Know it well. I have been testing midgie creams on Mrs T as she is English.

Ian

Bit of advise... the opionion is there are only a few good anti-midgie treatments..

1. Smidge - http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?q=smidge&hl=en&prmd=imvnsa&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1329&bih=916&wrapid=tlif133942090428710&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=15631339752272463743&sa=X&ei=BfHVT8-eDubF0QWi4LX0Aw&ved=0CFYQ8wIwAA

2. Boots own insect replellant (has been known to melt plastic.. so dont get it on the Westy) http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Pharmaceuticals-Repel-Insect-Repellent-Spray-Tropical-Strength-50ml-_1125279/

3. Dont come to Scotland between May and Sept

4. Stand downwind of large bonfire (also not recommended for Westy)

5. Wear riduclous head gear with mesh (normally we only see English people doing this)

6. Stay in the bar and dont come out (doesent always work if there are windows)

All joking aside.. the only things that work for me are 1 & 2 .. and they have been tested... "Skin to Soft" does not work, and actually appears to attract them.. some people say the formula has changed..

Craig

Will need a couple of freezy type receptical's for the food . Also when loading the van at Queensferry can we please leave a space for the BBQ ! :yes:

Cheers Dov

Will need a couple of freezy type receptical's for the food . Also when loading the van at Queensferry can we please leave a space for the BBQ ! :yes:

Cheers Dov

I'll bring my cool box and I make sure theres room left in the van

Kev

Cheers Dov

We're getting a bigger van this year are we not? Can I just chuck my stuff in at the Kilmahog meeting point?

We're getting a bigger van this year are we not? Can I just chuck my stuff in at the Kilmahog meeting point?

With the amount of people going, I think we will need the bigger van!

lads there is a large 4 ring cooker and oven in the love shack , do we need to take a lot of equipment with us , there will be loads of room in the van this year as most people have huts and mrs Reid is not taking the kitchen sink.

Dean bring your stuff up to me .

Dean bring your stuff up to me .

OK Boab, will do.

In the meantime, we all know what happened on the road home from Applecross 2011, when Matt "the pump" decided to do a bit of high speed offroading in his Westy. I know that his Mrs, Caroline is a bit concerned that a Westy is just too much of a handfull for a gentleman of his advanced years to handle, and has asked if we can do anything to provide an ex Volvo driver like Matt with something more suitable. Well after weeks spent trawling Piston Heads, Auto Trader and Toy Box (I've tried to buy 10 different cars from him but they all appear to be sold :p ), I have at last purchased with no expense spared, what I think is the perfect vehicle for auld Matt.

It's not perfect, it could probably do with getting an RAC bar or possibly full cage fitted for his safety and definitely needs a 4 point harness, but it's lightweight, has a sequential gearbox, is great on fuel and comes prefitted with a tow rope, ready for our support van to pull him up to the top of the Applecross pass, where he can then cut the rope and freewheel downhill into the campsite just like last year. :d

So, without further a do, let me unveil Matts new beasty for Applecross 2012, I hope Caroline approves

IMAG0799.jpg

IMAG0797.jpg

midgies are likely to be out in force with all the warm wet weather we've been having. Although if the English Westy guys are meeting up with us, the midgies will detect the English accent and go in for the kill, leaving us jocks untouched :d

Our English van driver says "any more sectarian abuse the support van will end up in a lake haha"

our english support van driver better hope his team do well or else he could be in for the matt the pump award.

What can I say? Think I'll just keep quiet (for once). ;)

At least it's not yellow.....

Hi,

I am definately hut two, booked on 13th Oct 2011 now theres an interesting date. I believe Clive Angus and Ewan and joining me should be very cosy in hut 3 all boys together. I did have a shakedown test with certain Robin Hood and it looks good for AppleX. Angus tells me you don't need green tights to drive one. Clive likes his beer, and so do I so I guess we should bring some supplies to the van at queensferry. I just changed the rear upper rose joints, one of them was well f....d, just as well I checked. Matt gave me the address to buy them from so I hope I don't hit any trees. Looking forward to the trip.