Abingdon Track Day 16th May 2014

Dommo

Thats good Chris, just making sure you had checked :t-up:

Have a fun and safe day tomorrow fellas, would like to of popped over to see what the track is like.

Long way from Portugal to pop over, if it's good we will have to go again !

Long way from Portugal to pop over, if it's good we will have to go again !

Aye, it is ! , will have to tap you up to double drive if its any good, my car won't pass static there.

Anytime , offer is always there.

Richard got his Busa through the noise test there, hopefully lots to talk about on 24th

Thanks Chris, be interesting to see what silencing Richard has, I'm struggling to get below 105 with my set up.

You will have to come across to one of Wednesday meetings and meet Rich, plus have a look at his car

I plan to once I get a chance to get one of the bikes MOT'd

All systems go here. Car loaded bar the cool box and ready to drive one whole street away to meet Stuart (The Stoat) at 7:30. Then on to Sainsbury's Stratton for 8:00. It's looking like a lovely day!

Have a great day guys, I expect feedback and photos later :t-up:

Well I think we all survived. Just about. My car seems to have leaked some oil into the passenger footwell. I don't think it's much as oil tends to make a lot of itself. I can only think it's gearbox oil from the MT75 as the catch tank etc are at the other end of the engine. Speaking of which my catch tank was breathing some oil out (I should have sealed it off or put a filter on there) so I need to clean that up. I also still seem to leak some fuel from the carbs despite the rebuild. Suspect it's the rear choke cover plates that don't have a gasket.

Great day and nice to meet some new faces.  With my new oil and coolant setup I got rock steady temps which I am very pleased with.  However with the temperature stability I may have done too many miles.  These were 50% worn before I started and the rears are even worse!

I am now not a fan of DS2500s and will go back to Willwoods own pads as the Ds2500s have lasted only 2 track days.

IMAG0750.jpg

Nice work!

Think my car got too hot but without getting the correct temp sensor I won't know. I'm going to fit that radiator duct before the next one though.

• Like 1

Think my car got too hot but without getting the correct temp sensor I won't know. I'm going to fit that radiator duct before the next one though.

Mine did not eat brake pads when I had to stop and let it cool.  You will only create an issue down the line if you fit the ducting  :d