Abingdon Track Day 16th May 2014

Dommo

Wow these videos are taking a long time to convert. Should be good though, so far I've seen flames, sparks and even a hare.

Abingdon was a good circuit Gary. I was pretty rubbish at it this morning, but come the afternoon was flying round.

Thanks Dom, Looking forward to seeing the footage :yes:

Great day with everyone. Liked the layout of the track with the chicanes, and also the mobile chicane of the Audi ;)

I'll upload the footage tomorrow once edited so you don't have to see all the boring bits.

Thanks also to Andrew for arranging the free tuition, the other half hasn't shut up about it and how much she Learnt now being a cornering goddess lol.

ETA- I now have a nice tshirt tan too :)

My face and neck feel fried and I put several lots of high factor sun cream on! Half the 'tan' washed off when I got in the shower though. Guess that was oil, fuel and tyre debris then! Can't bieve how dirty my white jacket is.

EDIT: Videos are now off the GoPro. Stopped GoPro Studio from doing whatever it is that it does as I can't stop it losing the sound. Will try to upload them tomorrow in their full length but some are crap due to fly splatter on the lens! The session where I followed Andrew and Mooch looks to be the worst. That was also my worst driving of the day!

Nice pictures, thanks to who took these, I remembered being snaped as I went out with my instructor

That's my new desktop image sorted!  Great photos!  

Just uploading the vid following you Mooch...

Will be live here - http://youtu.be/5Jl4euKqZSg  - in about an hour an half.. im popping out in the car leaving it uploading :)

Just uploading the vid following you Mooch...

Will be live here - http://youtu.be/5Jl4euKqZSg  - in about an hour an half.. im popping out in the car leaving it uploading :)

Outstanding!  Can't wait.....!

Mine aren't going up any time soon. YouTube said the first video was going to take over 5000 minutes!

Still going through mine. Up to end of 4th session so far, 43 laps. So far I've earmarked a video of CrisisWolf, a hare, Stuart, CrisisWolf again, Stuart again, only this time with fire and cones, Max and Mike and then following the Seight for 5 minutes.

I may not include the one of me ungainly jumping out of the car and removing the rather hot shorting battery...

Still going through mine. Up to end of 4th session so far, 43 laps. So far I've earmarked a video of CrisisWolf, a hare, Stuart, CrisisWolf again, Stuart again, only this time with fire and cones, Max and Mike and then following the Seight for 5 minutes.

I may not include the one of me ungainly jumping out of the car and removing the rather hot shorting battery...

Which was quicker, Dom, the hare or you getting out of the car? :laugh:

Outstanding!  Can't wait.....!

Thanks so much for this, Paul.  I'd forgotten about that mini at 5:30.  He suddenly slowed up and he was past the braking board (the first of the two braking boards - not sure why there were two) so I thought I'd better not pass him there and risk the wrath of the marshals.  

Great to watch and a good reminder of the day  :t-up:

Enjoy :)  But wish i hadnt scaled it down to 720p now :(

• Like 1

Here's my video - lost a bit of quality when switching file formats I'm afraid.

Summary of clips:

1. Met CrisisWolf but didn't want to overtake just yet as was unsure of that part of the circuit

2. Met a hare

3. TheStoat catches up

4. Met CrisisWolf again

5. TheStoat catches up, delivers a flame then spits some cones at me. Follow for a lap or two

6. Slowly catch up with Mooch, to get stuck behind the reason I caught him up in the first place

7. Cotswolder in his Seight. Don't know if a forum member or not

8. Battery mount 1 fails and shorts the battery out. Fixed in paddock.

9. TheStoat, again.

10. My fastest lap

11. Met CrisisWolf, then battery mount 2 fails and it all gets rather interesting.

• Like 1