Abingdon Track Day 16th May 2014

Dommo

Matt there were a few Busa engines one turbo charged 400+ bhp all got through not sure how but they did.

Mine hit just over 99db which I thought was odd as last time at Oulton it was 93!

Nice to meet some new faces and share lots of time with various Westies on track , weather made the day, some said it was too hot but it was great to be dry!

Glad everyone enjoyed the day and hopefully we can all meet up again and possibly get more to join.

Fantastic day all round.  Really enjoyed it.  Glad Dommo brought the trailer, but once it was 'booked', it was time too go home.  Did the A34/M4 way home which was actually quite fun, although I'm now totally deaf!  

Mucho respect to Anthony, MSE driving instructor who endured the 'scenic route' with me earlier in the day - grass now removed from the wheels - .  By the end of the day I felt like I'd got a handle on the circuit and had a hoot blasting round it.  Saw 100mph regularly at the end of the straight and it was 85 ish at the start of the day.  Looking forward to the Go-pro footage!

Great call for the day, and the weather was a real bonus - thanks for your company chasps and chaspesses!

Matt there were a few Busa engines one turbo charged 400+ bhp all got through not sure how but they did.Mine hit just over 99db which I thought was odd as last time at Oulton it was 93!

In sevens ? , be interesting to hear what silencing they had.

Oulton always seems to read high on static so if Abingdon is even higher I've got no chance of getting on. Last time at Oulton I measured 104 ish and Steve was actually over 105 until his car was warmed thoroughly

Hi Folks, Just in case you don't know, the Cotswold area have negotiated with Ed and Natasha' that all Cotswold Westfield members will get, as we did last year, a free driving intruction session from the MSE Instructors and a written report about your Driving Skills.

It's well worthwhile but you will need to tell Natasha that you are a "Cotswold" member.  -- Any queries contact me directly on andrew@jasprint.com -- regret I am infrequent visitor to the club forum

Andrew Reeves AO for the cotswold area

Andrew

good to meet you and have a good chat, thanks for the above tip I think I am now an honoury member of the cotswold group.

Cheers

Chris

As per our conversation I will talk with Gary about linking up our events with you guys as we are so close it makes sense to offer

In sevens ? , be interesting to hear what silencing they had.

Oulton always seems to read high on static so if Abingdon is even higher I've got no chance of getting on. Last time at Oulton I measured 104 ish and Steve was actually over 105 until his car was warmed thoroughly

I am sure you would pass!

Andrew

good to meet you and have a good chat, thanks for the above tip I think I am now an honoury member of the cotswold group.

Cheers

Chris

As per our conversation I will talk with Gary about linking up our events with you guys as we are so close it makes sense to offer

I have already contacted Andrew about our "Full English Blat"

So what is Abingdon like then guys?

Wow these videos are taking a long time to convert. Should be good though, so far I've seen flames, sparks and even a hare.

Abingdon was a good circuit Gary. I was pretty rubbish at it this morning, but come the afternoon was flying round.

I have already contacted Andrew about our "Full English Blat"

He can't do that!

Great day and good to finally meet some WSCC Members! As expected I started off terribly so for my first track day but defiantly made some advancements forwards. Also I think "just one more" does have its consequences - luckily only grass cutting.

A few phone snaps of mine

f19f5.jpg

xhm2.jpg
xahr.jpg
e8w7.jpg
2khx.jpg
ixpga.jpg
x7309.jpg
dp8g.jpg

So what is Abingdon like then guys?

you would not like it, you need to keep looking after the boys!

:)

He can't do that!

Non stop moaning/popshots from you Chris :(

What I am demonstrating is that I am already sharing with him

Non stop moaning/popshots from you Chris :(

What I am demonstrating is that I am already sharing with him

LOL :)