Abingdon Track Day 16th May 2014

Dommo

Just booked onto this, I think M444444444444444444444TTB has also and I'm sure The Stoat won't be far behind. Mooch?

I know Gary wanted to get some of the Oxford guys in but who else is up for this?

Dom

I've booked onto this too with a friend in an Exige! Only booked it few days ago as waiting for day off to be approved :)

See you there! :)

Who did you book through - Trackdays.co.uk @ £129?

What's the general consensus on driving / towing to the event.  I'm 1h30 away - but towing is going to add £50 to the day for trailer hire.........

I will be driving from Bristol to this (about 80 miles, 1hr 20)

I did last Fridays open pit lane at Abingdon - very well organised, safe enough and a great selection of cars present (48 in total), will definitely go back but cant make the 16th.  Its good value at £129 too and you get as much track time as you can take.

I did fail the 100db sound test - but the marshalls seemed happy to put me down as a 99.9% and let me in - to my delight !

I drove there and back , an hour each way and the car didnt miss a beat on or off the track which made me even happier. 

Enjoy chaps.

Yup, this one's in the diary, Dommo :yes:

Who did you book through - Trackdays.co.uk @ £129?

What's the general consensus on driving / towing to the event.  I'm 1h30 away - but towing is going to add £50 to the day for trailer hire.........

I'll probably tow mine (renting a trailer) but that's more to fit lots of kit in the tow car than the length of drive

.....I did fail the 100db sound test - but the marshalls seemed happy to put me down as a 99.9% and let me in - to my delight !

Thank you for answering my question before I asked it.  I've been nervous since I was chucked out at Castle Combe years ago, and there are great variances between the dB meters, but I'm usually below 100, and have just repacked the silencer.

But I'm on holiday on 16th aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh

I'm assuming an 1800 Zetec is under 100dB!

I'm assuming an 1800 Zetec is under 100dB!

Just about on the standard Westfield exhaust and Weber carbs.