Silverstone 24Th September Trackday

CL290005

Bit distracted over last couple of days need to finish of couple of minor jobs, may do tonight or in the week but it will be done.

Looks like weather may be ok, need to watch rain on Sunday does not slip back to Monday

need to finish of couple of minor jobs, may do tonight or in the week but it will be done.

your not going to have another ' Anglesey ' moment are you !

No, mine needs fuel ;-)

But then again, with that engine, it always does.!. LOL

Talking of fuel. Do we know if the fuel station at the circuit is still operating (used to be behind the old paddocks) My tiny tank will need regular top ups on monday.

Apart from that yes im all ready. Just praying on the weather.

The station is still operating, have you not got s 20l Jerry in that van you can borrow?

Matt no, I will push it there if I have too! Just meet to set steering wheel position and install the cover over pedal box then job is done, probably will do tracking next weekend as rear suspension has been out, just as a precaution.

The station is still operating, have you not got s 20l Jerry in that van you can borrow?

Matt no, I will push it there if I have too! Just meet to set steering wheel position and install the cover over pedal box then job is done, probably will do tracking next weekend as rear suspension has been out, just as a precaution.

No only 2x5ltr cans. Got a old jerry can in the garage that i dug out yesturday and its got rust inside...... :down:

All sorted this morning so no surprises next week.

Spanner and fluid check done, 3 x 25L jerry cans filled and stored in the fuel box and 20 litres in the car. That was expensive!! :d

But Silverstone is a thirsty circuit so you'll need plenty of top up Nathan! On site fuel will be expensive so when I used to take my Subaru, I used a Shell Garage about 10 minutes out. If possible, get yourself some cheap, even second hand, jerry cans off Ebay, even the plastic ones. They will pay for themselves in a day :t-up:

Bringing my son with me now and have agreed he can skip college for the day. He's very excited so hoping to bag some passenger rides for him from you fellas, so that he at least gets to go around the track quickly! :d

Steve

Didnt realise you had driven the track before Steve , you'll be the one setting the pace then ?

Bringing my son with me now He's very excited so hoping to bag some passenger rides for him from you fellas, so that he at least gets to go around the track quickly! :d

Steve

Not sure about going quickly but hes welcome to jump in with me if he likes ?

Not done the Arena / GP circuit before Matt, only the International.

Will be hoping to pick up some tips from you guys and getting some tuition from Steve! Still very much getting to grips with the Westfield,

Can't wait!

Not checked my tools yet but

1 - Loan of Xbox 360 - check

2. - Bought 2nd hand F1 2011 - check

3. - As I use a computer at least 11 hours per day, changed the desktop wallpaper to a map of the track! - check

4. - Tracking at the front changed from toe-in to toe-out - check

5. - Northampton Motor sport fuel map loaded into ECU - check

6. - EGO mode change from closed to open loop - check

8 days to go.

I would say worth bringing fuel with you if possible, even if the pumps are open it's a bit of a trek round to the old pits from the new wing.

No problem with rides in my car, I'll happily instruct as well if there's time but I would recommend booking a slot with the guys who are there to instruct on the day as I'm mostly planning plenty of wheel-time for that day. I've just finished a three day stint working at Oulton so I feel the need to be on the right side of the car :( .

I'm mostly planning plenty of wheel-time with Matt showing me the way round for that day. .

:p:d