Silverstone 24Th September Trackday

CL290005

Adam

remember you have a garage with us I think David was in 12e but it looks liek we have 12b,c,d and

you will be able to show us your new westie as if I am correct your previous one was Ian's

see you on Friday

Chris

See you there friday Adam :yes:

Cheers guys - garage will be very handy as a base :)

I did indeed have Ian's car Chris, new one has nicer bits but still needs some... development!

Anyway, looking forward to putting a few faces to forum names :yes: Please excuse the dodgy 'tash :laugh:

What a day - like driving on ice to start with. Understeer on the way in and oversteer pretty much any time i touched the throttle made for some slow but entertaining laps whilst i desperately attempted to learn the circuit. Afternoon saw a drying track and encouraged much more spirited cornering and finally not seeing estate cars overtaking me!

Got to say, my one spin in the morning was well worth the trip up to race control for a "chat" and see their floor to ceiling bank of monitors of the circuit.

Good to chat to everyone and apologies for my dodgy tache too.

The five series estate was quick!

It was like been on the edge of coming off the track all the time, wheel spinning up the straight but the afternoon made a big improvement, the only problem then apart from driving was the low sun. We need something to moan about.

How lucky were we with a dry day in a storm!

How was the diffuser Chris?

Conditions made it difficult to notice atheist for me, so intend to a road test with and without to see if I can tell, may make a mk2 with deeper strakes before I powder coat.

Mega day, very tricky in the morning but got better through the day, never reached full gip round the circuit through which made it pretty interesting :laugh:

Drove 180 miles and I don't think much of that allowed anything less than full concentration!! - cos even on the straights the rears wanted to spin up!! (time for new tyres me thinks).

But chuffed that the Westy took it all in it's stride..

I had a theory why despite the sun & wind the track didn't want to dry out.. Perhaps they've used a type of asphalt that drains the water down through it (to remove puddles without the need for camber and storm drains!!) - But that after the deluge there was so much water in the sub-layers that it was 'sweating' back out.?.

Anyway, it made for a lot of entertaining driving!!

I also had to squeeze a pair of polarising sunglasses under my helmet to help with the glare.. After that all the cars were purple!!

Interesting theory. I did wonder why even the car park without the constant traffic was drying out quicker.

Drove 180 miles and I don't think much of that allowed anything less than full concentration!! - cos even on the straights the rears wanted to spin up!! (time for new tyres me thinks).

But chuffed that the Westy took it all in it's stride..

I had a theory why despite the sun & wind the track didn't want to dry out.. Perhaps they've used a type of asphalt that drains the water down through it (to remove puddles without the need for camber and storm drains!!) - But that after the deluge there was so much water in the sub-layers that it was 'sweating' back out.?.

Anyway, it made for a lot of entertaining driving!!

I also had to squeeze a pair of polarising sunglasses under my helmet to help with the glare.. After that all the cars were purple!!

I think it was mostly just that it was too cold to dry well and not much breeze, the paddock has a slope on it which helps.

worth watching this again. The speed through the bend at the end of the old pit straight is amazing - just a blip from 7 down to 6th !!