Kugawestie's MX5 SDV Build Thread - Now An Upgrade Thread

KugaWestie

The car looks great Gary, only 5 sleeps til christmas day now :d

I think you'll need to get bigger rear arch protectors tho. The bottom of mine (below where your protector sits) were peppered with stone chips after less than 1000 miles last year before I fitted the large carbon effect protectors

I spent a couple of hours this morning tidying up in the garage so that the car can be driven straight out without having to move stuff first.

Next was to sort out all the tools/trim/foam/cable ties/silicone/glue etc that I will be taking to the IVA test, so that is all ready to go.

The brake fluid sticker has now been stuck in, and I have written DOT4 on it.

I tidied up the rollbar stay covers where they join the bootbox with some black silicone

SAM_0738.jpg

I have two jobs left to do before the test on Thursday:-

Fit bolt covers to the seat mountings underneath

Fit dip/main beam symbols on the dash by the toggle switch

looking good! have you mounted the handbreak on the side of the central tunnel panel ?

looking good! have you mounted the handbreak on the side of the central tunnel panel ?

Yes - see the photo - standard build for the Mazda SDV chassis

SAM_0259.jpg

SAM_0372.jpg

I see. My car has been modified to take the handbreak on the side, the horizontal bar to the back has been cut so the handbreak goes in much deeper and it is mounted on the side panel of the tunnel.

My sticker sheet arrived in the post today, so I have now labelled up the dashboard by the toggle switch for dip and main beam.

One job left to do - cover the seat mounting bolts underneath, hopefully the plastic nut covers will arrive either today or Wednesday in the post :oops:

3 more sleeps to IVA ;)

My dinosaur is getting impatient...

One job left to do - cover the seat mounting bolts underneath, hopefully the plastic nut covers will arrive either today or Wednesday in the post :oops:

Don't panic if they don't arrive, you don't need them for IVA.

I have some fitted on mine though to stop mud and crud from clogging the bolt threads, which might otherwise make it tricky to get the nuts off.

I was thinking that I might get pulled up on it - it might cut the pedestrians skin after I have mowed them down :oops:

I was thinking that I might get pulled up on it - it might cut the pedestrians skin after I have mowed them down :oops:

:d :d :d Below the floor line is exempt :t-up:

These IVA rules are wierd at times!

Ah well, if they turn up I will stick them on, if not, at least I know it does not matter :yes:

The nut caps turned up today in the post, so I have stuck them on the seat mounting bolts. I also lubed the steering column

The list is complete, forecast is 19 degrees and sun all the way for Thursday, although likely to be only just above freezing for the drive to the test.

I am ready for it :)

I spent a couple of hours this morning tidying up in the garage so that the car can be driven straight out without having to move stuff first.

Next was to sort out all the tools/trim/foam/cable ties/silicone/glue etc that I will be taking to the IVA test, so that is all ready to go.

The brake fluid sticker has now been stuck in, and I have written DOT4 on it.

I tidied up the rollbar stay covers where they join the bootbox with some black silicone

SAM_0738.jpg

I have two jobs left to do before the test on Thursday:-

Fit bolt covers to the seat mountings underneath

Fit dip/main beam symbols on the dash by the toggle switch

Kuga, where did you get these covers for inside the boot box?

Kuga, where did you get these covers for inside the boot box?

I got them from abbeya - drop him a pm :t-up:

I've got it in my head that it's your IVA tomorrow (though in a few minutes I'll be right!)...

Lost my brake sticker so I've got another one coming with me digital dash :d Well reminded!