WSCC Trackday 26th August 11

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

anyone notice that the weather report has changed on the 5 day forecast every day this week  :bangshead:

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

• Andrew

• adamnreeves

• SteveH

Yup keeps changing every time i look at it, was looking better yesterday now its changed again  :bangshead:

Waterproofs ready and just about to go out and drill some holes in the floor so i don't drown :D

Also need to find a way to waterproof my DVR recorder don't want to miss those interesting moments  in the wet :suspect:  :laugh:

Will give you a bell later on tonight Cleggy.

Yup keeps changing every time i look at it, was looking better yesterday now its changed again  :bangshead:

Waterproofs ready and just about to go out and drill some holes in the floor so i don't drown :D

Also need to find a way to waterproof my DVR recorder don't want to miss those interesting moments  in the wet :suspect:  :laugh:

Will give you a bell later on tonight Cleggy.

ok m8 - Tony is coming over at 7ish - gazebo in the scoob and it fits but not sure about all me other tackle yet so Tony may be coming in his tin top? will know more tonight

I need to re-fit (bodge) my cycle wings back on as I now have 205's on the front - whip out floor carpets if I get time - gonna be a busy night  :oops:

I intend to set sail at 7.15-7.30am

Will discuss on the phone tonight  :t-up:

Now then, I have just filled the form in and submitted (many thanks Cleggy).  I will give Trackdays a ring in the morning to see if it has been accepted.

come and say hello Bob - I will the one that looks like he doesnt know what he is doing  :laugh:  :blush:

If I can get in to the event, I certainly will.  I have also packed a bag of Whitworth spanners in that I can assist our leader.

:laugh: are you trying to suggest he is of the older generation  :laugh:

Well that was wet - and I was only spectating !!!

A very good turnout nevertheless and a very nice mix of cars. I particularly liked the turbo charged R1 car.

Track looked very fast with lots of run off.

Hope everyone got back safely and dried out.

Thanks to Nick and Paul for organising.

David

Wet, wet wet. But lets go there again. If it was dry or even just damp it would be great for the job. Well done Nick and Paul.  :t-up:  :t-up:

Now then, I have just got back to my (dry) home but I have to say the day was great.  The commitment of the guys to take their cars to the track to which could only be described as close on flooded is amazing.  I doff my cap to you.

I met folk who I did not know and they did not know me but once the introductions were made, it seemed we knew each other for years; such was the spirit.

In all, a great day and I will certainly be attending other events held by the WSCC.  Well done for the organising of such.

As a bye, Hammy, I hope you got home OK as the rain seemed to abate as I left Cottesmore.

I have arrived home too. I cannot believe the sun is now out and I can see blue sky. I only broke one thing. I had my IPhone in my water proof jacket inner pocket for the sighting laps I then left it in the room. Just gone to put it on charge as I did notice water leaking out of the phone! Looks like a fish tank now. Oh well, I will be getting any calls from work over the weekend, silver lining and all that.

Thanks to Nick and the WSCC for organising but please please next time can you organise the weather too, the man upstairs need guiding.

Oh and cleggy your forecasting skills.. Don't give up the day job.

XSP_8483_exposures.JPG

XSP_8438_exposures.JPG

Well that was wet - and I was only spectating !!!

A very good turnout nevertheless and a very nice mix of cars. I particularly liked the turbo charged R1 car.

Track looked very fast with lots of run off.

Hope everyone got back safely and dried out.

Thanks to Nick and Paul for organising.

David

David thanks for the loan of your monsoon coat. I'll drop it back to you at some point.

..  for the sighting laps

and I bet they were needed given the conditions.

As said in another post, again a big thanks to cleggy for the use of his car your a gent.  :t-up:

It was quite wet out there and i went waltzing a few times :blush:.

It was good meeting new faces and as much as i tried i couldn't get bob in the car for some reason......... :laugh:

A good day :)