WSCC Trackday 26th August 11

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

Great photo

Adds a whole new meaning to ' wave for the camera' !!!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

• Andrew

• adamnreeves

• SteveH

Never thought i would say this about a wet trackday, That was great fun  :D

Best start with the important bit thanks to Nick & Paul for organizing today The Javelin team and everyone involved  :t-up:

Enjoyed meeting a few more wssc members David thanks for your comments on my car it very much appreciated, Tony,Andy sorry you never got a ride my car developing a leak from the oil cooler put pay to that one at least it got me home.

Its now sitting in the garage looking rather sorry for itself with a big puddle of water and oil under it  :(

Just uploading a video will post that up later or probably tomorrow.

Dave.

I don't think anyone will top that "wettest shot of the day competition"  :laugh:

mine is not as impressive but here ya go - Tony driving

XSP_8619_exposure.jpg

Great to see everyone today, and big thanks to the organisers.

Enjoyed the event even though it was a tad damp at times!!!

Didn't mind the water on track but visibility was a problem to pick out the cones. Maybe a good reason (amongst many) to consider removing the windscreen in future.

Also tried the standing quarter a couple of times, with plenty of high speed aquaplaning. Shame that the timing gear failed due to the water.

A bit of luck on the way home, because I found my front plate by the side of the road after it had fallen off on the way to cottesmore!

Looking forward to the next event.

Steve.

So the question is who has the track day bug and now really needs a bright orange track focused car and trailer as an upgrade?

Not you as well mark, i can't believe it..........

Just to say a big thanks to everyone associated with  today's event. i think the location and format is spot on for a future event but just needs the weather to be a little kinder to us (dry would be nice hey) think today shows just how hardy us westies are, extreme conditions does not really do us justice. also great pics from extreme photos too. thanks all

First video now uploaded this was probably the driest run of the day, Plan to do another one of all the interesting bits!

Found one bit that you can here my daughter sequel as a wave comes over her side of the car and drowns her just as shes opened her visor  :laugh:  :laugh:  

great video  :cool:

enjoyed my first trip out in yours - epic car being driven well was great fun  :t-up:

Firstly let me say, drivers of the WSCC I salute you  :t-up:

The kind of conditions that would scare a duck and there was only a couple of no-shows on the day and even the marshals commented on how there were cars on track all day no matter how wet it got  :p .

And was it wet -

XSP_8643_exposure.jpg

XSP_8609_exposure.jpg

XSP_8599_exposure.jpg

XSP_8634_exposure.jpg

XSP_8459_exposure.jpg

XSP_8614_exposure.jpg

XSP_8768_exposure.jpg

Sadly the 1/4 mile timing equipment was a washout, it's supposed to be waterproof but I think it gave up the ghost when it got to the stage of being almost submerged!

I'm really pleased to see that the feedback has been good despite the weather, it's a great venue and would support two or three times the entry numbers and still have room for everyone so lets spread the word to everyone and get it done again next year!

Steve H

Think I've dried out..  :laugh:

Thanks to Nick and all the organisers for a cracking day! I must admit, I had pretty low expectations, given the weather forecast, but I think the dire conditions actually added to the fun on track.

Good to meet a few new faces, Cleggy's gazebo came in handy at times..  ;)

I've uploaded some of my pics HERE

A few of them here.  :t-up:

The seemingly compulsory wet shot.

XSP_8662_exposure.jpg

DSCF6356.jpg

DSCF6357.jpg

DSCF6305.jpg

DSCF6303.jpg

DSCF6302.jpg

DSCF6371.jpg

DSCF628c.jpg

Yes er.. bit wet but did enjoy it - it is a great track or would have been if I could have seen where I was going. Car ran superbly all day, when I got home there was a good inch of water in the footwells and the seats are still dripping this morning !!

I did do the standing 1/4 several times, but the timing clocks had failed. With two up my best terminal speed ( which failry accurate) was 95mph. Getting off the line was hard. Is 95 good or bad ?

I've "stolen" the pic of me and Bob under a brolley -hope you don't mind :)

Some good photos on here chaps.. now I realise why I got so wet.  Car back in garage with door open drying out with more holes drilled in floor.

Must thank everyone again .. and the marshalls who stood out there all day!!

Was bit worried seeing the water how much grip I would have with R888, not really 'wet' tyres. Neednt have worried.. performed well (except for the lakes).

Owdo

just thought I would add anyone looking to buy my car, it has never been on track and never been used in the wet :p

185363_10150268309786325_729606324_7819536_3670022_n.jpg

317354_10150268314741325_729606324_7819563_5441179_n.jpg

301514_10150268302036325_729606324_7819479_3762565_n.jpg

aye grip of track was impressive as was out on very old A032's and still fine in very wet conditions

Boney

Was a good day despite the weather, thanks to Mr Bones for the half drive  :t-up:  :t-up:

was actually impressed with the vx power and gearbox choice (did i really say that  :blush: )

I can see this event getting used a lot more in the future, excellent layout and plenty of run off , with more than enough room.

Big thanks to Paul, the Algars, Javelin and all involved  :t-up:  :t-up:

Big  :t-up:  :t-up:   to all who attended and didn't let a bit of water ruin there day  :D  ;)