• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Bazzer

• Blatman

• Mrs Westy

The way i see it is if no one payed hteir membership then the club would not exist and i for one would be gutted if that happened......... :down:

I think a  good move would be to make the website free for 6 months, and after that, require people to join the club to continue using our facilities.   OK, it can be got round if you really feel like free-loading for life, but it would mean that new potential members can see what's going on, ask the questions we all needed to ask, and progress onto ownership and membership without undue pressure.

What does everyone else think about that?

Not you Harv lol

The boardroom serves a very happy and grateful foreign crowd...

join the club   :devil:  :devil:

nunney!

;)  :D  :D

It's a good job I've got smilies switched on or I would be terribly offended  ;)  ;)  :D

I think a  good move would be to make the website free for 6 months, and after that, require people to join the club to continue using our facilities.   OK, it can be got round if you really feel like free-loading for life, but it would mean that new potential members can see what's going on, ask the questions we all needed to ask, and progress onto ownership and membership without undue pressure.

What does everyone else think about that?

Not you Harv lol

Good idea - but then you would limit posters like Harv who offer knowledge and rants to aid the day at work!

What about newbies & FAQ being open for all and other sections being a closed shop?

What's wrong with having two "levels" of membership, one being board only, and the other a "full" membership? I don't see any problems with that other than administrative?

As a foreigner and student (money is spent on beers and "other" forms of entertainment...) and the fact I only interact through the board, I'd be more than happy to contribute!

Actually I would contribute £25 it's just that I can't send checks as in my country people stopped using that form of payment in the sixties...

I would like to support the club, but the overseas membership is not very compelling.  Even if I ignore the fact that I am asked to pay a surcharge of £5 to receive fewer benefits (club merchandise is only available in the UK; trackdays, social events, and discounts/access to the club stand at shows are a little meaningless when you live 5000 miles away; given the cost of shipping parts, there is no point in posting any of my excess parts in the for sale section) I still need to make a trip to my bank and pay another surcharge to obtain a check written in sterling.  Make payment available via PayPal and I will join.

-John

I don't see any problems with that other than administrative?

and that's enough mate  ;)  ;)  ;)  :D  :D  :devil:  :blush:

the only club i am a member of is the one that i HAVE to belong to to race , other than this i personally don't feel the need to give anyone my cash .............

Well that must make the committee fell like there services are appreciated  :bangshead:  :bangshead: