Generally unimpressed

timc78

And unless they participate in discussions, their sigs aren't gonna get displayed anyway...

You dont say!!

That is what I'm saying... people who've slagged off Westfields on other forums, but now have a business interest where Westfield owners could be potential customers are posting on here in chit-chat threads just to get some free ad expsure... That sucks...

At the end of the day, you cannot deny that these sig ads are against the rules, so it a case of inconsistent enforcement...

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Bazzer

• Blatman

• Mrs Westy

I'm with Blatman on this one.  I rarely click on the links in sigs and I don't expect anyone clicks on the links in mine.  My Website hosting firm is giving me problems uploading pages to my build site, so it does not offer  much interest at present anyway.

I prefer the animated avatars and sigs (scooby's is one of the more entertaining), although I know they pi$$ of people who don't have broadband, and I cannot get my new home PC to allow me to see them at home.  Somehow I have got multiple nested pop-up filters and firewalls fighting for supremacy over contolling what I am allowed to view, and I cannot be  :arse: ed to spend the time sorting it out.

Should everyone join?  Only if they want to: Harv is welcom to sit on the sidelines and join in the bits he likes, as are any others who feel the same way, only don't complain about the things that we don't let you do because you choose not to be a member.

thats good then ............ and i don't think i "complained " in the thread anywhere i said i was quite happy the way things were .

I for one did not interpret your statements as complaint, Harv, I was just citing you as one person who had chosen not to join.

There are others who will misinterpret what I have said for the sake of continuing the debate, for the simple reason that some people are not happy unless they have something to complain about.

I would rather people offered constructive criticism than just saying this is cr@p or that is wrong, but some people just naturally choose words with a negative connotation rather than a positive one (half empty vs half full for example - I tend to say quarter full where others would say three quarters empty).

If we were all the same, there would be no need for this discussion or this forum:  I for one would not want to be wasting my time talking to people like me, which is my re-interpretation of the Groucho Marx phrase about joining clubs, and describes why I join clubs and he did not :D  :D .

with my current view on life the universe and everything i would suspect my posts seem negitive , however they always seem to prevoke debate ,and without that life would be more than a little dull.

Woah guys!  Relax!

I was only posting an observation, I didn't expect 19 pages of... well, I haven't the time to trawl through it all, so I can only begin to guess as to it's content!!! :o

so it's all your fault .............. look what you started  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D  :D  :D  :zzz:  :zzz:  :D

One way of handling the issues surrounding people putting links in their sigs and veiled attempts at advertising on the forum is simply to ban that sort of behaviour!

I suggest that the WSCC creates a "marketplace" on the site where anyone with relevant products sold by a commercial entity targeting Westfield owners, for a small fee, can put their ad and a small text explaining what they sell.

I could also imagine a small posting system where users of the forum can post a rating and a small comment why.

This is something that regularly comes up on the forum, and something new users would benefit from, knowing who sells what, but also if they're good or not, or what sort of issues people have had.

:bangshead:

Mike, this is not aimed at you, it's just the straw that broke the camels back. Please do not take the following personally...

Suggestions from non members *will* be ignored. Yes you can say it's short sighted or inward looking or arrogant or anything else, but that's the way it is. Why on earth the non members around here seem to think thay can change anything is beyond me. It also seems that it's non members who are making the most noise about not liking the rules. Here's the news. This is a club that has to cater for people that have paid money and who can and should expect some sort of service and/or benefit for their money. What they (we) wouldn't want IMNSHO is the rules being dictated to us by outsiders. By all means join in the discussion, but any suggestions you non members make are simply a waste of electrons. Even memebrs who want things to change have to email the Committee, as that is the proper procedure. So whilst the debate is good, I think I've seen quite enough now. Those of you with suggestions, and who have an entitlement to ask for a rule change, please email a committee memeber with your proposal. Those of you with no rights, please accept it and move on, or cough up and move in. There's no middle ground...

Think I am swinging back the other way towards not renewing :-)

Why would you ignore a good idea just because it came from a non member Blaters ? (Not saying any ideas are good or bad by the way) I know you are not that daft. I can understand ignoring non members whinging though.

Bazzer

This really has annoyed me, here we are arguing about the smallest details, and more annoying is the way this thread has drifted or more accuratly being steered from one thing to another. Now we are on to signature threads for god sake!!!

If I was looking for a Westfield and read the ramblings here I have to ask would I want to join? Unless I had read the rest of the boardroom and seen what is on offer then the answer would probably be no.

As I said, god knows how many pages ago, I don't make any distinctions in who I help, and I am happy for none members to participate in the boardroom in all areas knowing how people like Harv has helped others with advice I have no problems with that, but don't ask for change if you aren't a paid up member.

Its like the people who moan about the goverment and yet don't vote. If you want to fully participate in the club pay up, if you just want to be on the boardroom welcome, but don't expect others to treat you as a messiah if you haven't bought the right. Can't this thread be killed?

i think its healthy for any forum/message board/list to have this kind of discussion every once in awhile

i dont think it changes anything but makes people appreciate what theyve got :)

btw i like this thread so ill keep posting everyonce in awhile until it gets longer than the three word never f**king ending story useless waste of space that that is.

now thats a thread i would have deleted if i was a committee member.

and if i was a committee member i would take outside and shoot anybody who posted in it

(yes i am aware that i posted in it, but only to disrupt and destroy from within - i failed)

kill them, kill them all, kill them all NOW!!!!

tw@ts

:durr:

Can't this thread be killed?

No don't kill the thread, which ever side of the fence you are sat on, you can find someone to have a pop at in here :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

Bri.

Mr OiOi, if the shark did eat the chicken,..................

.................., where did the egg/chicken come from????

\Bri.