Generally unimpressed

timc78

Anybody who doubts the benefit/need of the main club should have been at Curborough at the weekend...

:cool:

Edited to add: I obviously realise that the non-UK residents can't appreciate that!

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Bazzer

• Blatman

• Mrs Westy

Whoa!  What a thread....I simply have to add a comment to be part of the record breaking attempt!

Put simply.  If you can afford to run a Westy then you CAN afford the £25.

If the club offers you no benefits at all (this website being one of them) then you wouldn't be here reading this!

I saw the limited access as a taster of everything else, then after finding it extremely useful compelled to support the club financially to ensure it remains here.

Reference the "unfriendly" nature of some members postings - just ignore them!  There are 2000 members and only a handful have this style.

In terms of fairness of advertising etc, how many people have signatures with links to trading websites?  Why don't we follow Hollands example and if somethings difficult to manage - legalise it.

-> Add a seperate trade advertisers page and use the revenue it would/could bring into the club to lower the subscription....more track days.... a new circuit darn sarf maybe :oops:

Now I feel part of the club  ;)

Pingu

True, we would all miss Harv, even if he is a tight wad!

:)  :)  :)

got nothing to do with being tight at all ?

i have just paid for the mallory trackday , now being a member would have proberbly saved me the amount of membership , however I DON'T WANT TO BE A MEMBER OF A SINGLE MAKE CAR CLUB THANKS .

funny enough there are quite a few people over on blatchat who feel the same and arn't seeming to renew ,and i bet for every vocal one there are a few who just don't renew .

i have not been to a surrey meet for months and its often difficult for work so the only bit i use for banter and entertainment is the forum , so if it became closed shop it would just mean i'd go elsewhere

That reminds me, my membership is up for renewal at the end of this month!

Do i just pop a cheque in the post or do they send out a renewal?

:p

Quite right, ownership of a Westfield certainly isn't a pre-requisite of membership.    As has been stated on numerous occasions before, one of the committee drives a Dutton, and I know we have Caterham, single seaters, Lo-Costs and Striker owners in our ranks too.   It's a car club, that happens to have Westfields at it's core, that's all.

I still don't understand Harv's principles standing in the way of a little altruism.   If you mix with club members, use club members' facilities, what's so wrong with admitting that you are already involved with "single make owners' clubs, and simply fork out the necessary?   I'm still sticking with tight wad!

:):):)

That reminds me, my membership is up for renewal at the end of this month!

Do i just pop a cheque in the post or do they send out a renewal?

:p

There will be a renewal notice, but of course that doesn't mean you can't just send in a cheque.

Guy's point is subtle, but well made. It *is* the Westfield Sports Car Club, but owning a Westfield is not a prerequesite of being a member. In fact we have Strikers, LoCosts, Trevs, Liz's, Quantums, C******ms, single seaters and even non kit car owners in our ranks. Yes, the majority are Westfield owners, but single make? There's even a Speed Series class to cater for those who want to be a member, but don't have a Westfield to race. How more accommodating could we be?

Groucho_Marx.jpg

I think Harv must be in the 'Groucho Marx' club.......He'd not want to be a member of a club that would allow him to be a member...... :D  :D  :D

How do you feel about women's rights ? I like either side of them.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Age is not a particularly interesting subject. Anyone can get old. All you have to do is live long enough.

Here's to our wives and girlfriends...may they never meet!

Mrs. Teasdale: He's had a change of heart.

[Groucho]: A lot of good that'll do him. He's still got the same face.

I sent the club a wire stating, Please accept my resignation. I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member.

Send two dozen roses to Room 424 and put 'Emily, I love you' on the back of the bill.

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

A man is as young as the woman he feels.

Anyone who says he can see through women is missing a lot.

I didn't like the play, but then I saw it under adverse conditions-the curtain was up.

Now there's a man with an open mind - you can feel the breeze from here!

There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook.

To Margret Dumont: "I can see you and I married. I can see you bending over the stove. I can't see the stove!

Dig trenches? With our men being killed off like flies? There isn't time to dig trenches. We'll have to buy them ready made.

I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.

Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others.

I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it.

Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped.

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing..if you can fake that, you've got it made.

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

Military intelligence is a contradiction in terms.

She got her good looks from her father. He's a plastic surgeon.

I worked myself up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty.

Remember men you are fighting for the ladies honor, which is probably more than she ever did.

Paying alimony is like feeding hay to a dead horse.

Last night I shot an elephant in my Pajamas and how he got in my pajamas I'll never know.

We took pictures of the native girls, but they weren't developed. . . But we're going back next week.

Politics doesn't make strange bedfellows, marriage does.

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

Marriage is the chief cause of divorce.

Quite right, ownership of a Westfield certainly isn't a pre-requisite of membership.    As has been stated on numerous occasions before, one of the committee drives a Dutton, and I know we have Caterham, single seaters, Lo-Costs and Striker owners in our ranks too.   It's a car club, that happens to have Westfields at it's core, that's all.

I still don't understand Harv's principles standing in the way of a little altruism.   If you mix with club members, use club members' facilities, what's so wrong with admitting that you are already involved with "single make owners' clubs, and simply fork out the necessary?   I'm still sticking with tight wad!

:):):)

Oi, what about me :D  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

We all, well largely all enjoy building, driving, modifying or even just owning cars that are different to the norm.

If I thought this was a single make forum I wouldn't be here or paying the subs. ;)

Mind you after the answer, or lack off, to my last question I think I might have been outcast :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

B.