Generally unimpressed

timc78

Right...

Well, there are ads in a lot of people's signatures. As I said in that thread, before I put one in my sig, I asked and didn't receive any negative responses. If I had, I wouldn't have done it.

Andy

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Bazzer

• Blatman

• Mrs Westy

Take that to its natural conclusion and you would be too scared to invite friends to go to the pub with you incase they did somthing like drop a glass and cut someone.

Bazzer

Too right with the current crackdown on knife crime, particularly if they break a glass with the intention of cutting someone  ;)

However, inviting someone to go to the pub to do what people do at a pub is not quite the same thing, and clearing up broken glass falls under the licensees responsibilities for maintaining a safe drinking environment.  Not quite sure where he stands if a fight breaks out and a bystander gets hurt, but it will still not be your liability.

What about them not being enforced... or being inconsistently enforced.

Free advertising for chums

:devil:

Rules are for the guidance of the wise and the blind adherence of the ignorant (not my words, but I can't remember where I heard them).

What matters to any organisation, whether it be a loose association of (almost) like minded individuals or a club dedicated to one purpose, is that people obey the spirit if not the letter of the rules.

I have been involved in a number of clubs associated with various (all legal I might add) activities that took my fancy at the time.  Without exception these clubs consist of doers, passengers and complainers, and the three groups are not mutually exclusive.  Many doers complain that the passengers do not pull their weight, and many passengers complain about the destination or the route taken to get there.

I am normally a doer, but within this club, because of other commitments, have to be content with being a passenger.  If someone else is driving, I accept the route that they choose, and make suggestions if asked.  I do not always end up where I initially wanted to go, but most of the places and the routes to get there have been quite nice and I have met some interesting people.

Complain?

...life is too short, and resentment is an acid that first destroys the container in which it resides.

Worth the money - relative to the other costs of owning and running a Westy and just plain living, yes.

Should everyone join?  Only if they want to: Harv is welcom to sit on the sidelines and join in the bits he likes, as are any others who feel the same way, only don't complain about the things that we don't let you do because you choose not to be a member.

Should everyone join?  Only if they want to: Harv is welcom to sit on the sidelines and join in the bits he likes, as are any others who feel the same way, only don't complain about the things that we don't let you do because you choose not to be a member.

thats good then ............ and i don't think i "complained " in the thread anywhere i said i was quite happy the way things were .

thats good then ............ and i don't think i "complained " in the thread anywhere i said i was quite happy the way things were .

Does this not count then . . . here . . .  :p  :D

thats a discussion ............... if you want to call tthat a non member complaining then thats you beef i guess , it matters not to me at all ,it was said because I belive that the best advice is not always given ........ thats my beliefe based on my experience.

I for one did not interpret your statements as complaint, Harv, I was just citing you as one person who had chosen not to join.

There are others who will misinterpret what I have said for the sake of continuing the debate, for the simple reason that some people are not happy unless they have something to complain about.

I would rather people offered constructive criticism than just saying this is cr@p or that is wrong, but some people just naturally choose words with a negative connotation rather than a positive one (half empty vs half full for example - I tend to say quarter full where others would say three quarters empty).

If we were all the same, there would be no need for this discussion or this forum:  I for one would not want to be wasting my time talking to people like me, which is my re-interpretation of the Groucho Marx phrase about joining clubs, and describes why I join clubs and he did not :D  :D .

Hmmm... when you were producing the aeroscreens, you received plenty of reccommendations for them from club members.

Errr sorry Blatters I have never produced any aeroscreens! Fibreglass work, yeuch!

I dont mind the simple one line compact text adverts like Andy's so much, although they are still in breach of the rules.

Hmmm... when you were producing the aeroscreens, you received plenty of reccommendations for them from club members.

Errr sorry Blatters I have never produced any aeroscreens! Fibreglass work, yeuch!

I dont mind the simple one line compact text adverts like Andy's so much, although they are still in breach of the rules.

D'OH.

Sorry mate. Getting you and TimD mixed up. I'll delete that post...

One thing that pee's me off with the sig ads is that we have people registering here just to display sig ads in threads.

People who hate Westfields, but see their owners as customers!

One thing that pee's me off with the sig ads is that we have people registering here just to display sig ads in threads.

Really? I haven't seen any...

And unless they participate in discussions, their sigs aren't gonna get displayed anyway...

Andy

To be honest, I rarely look at the sigs. If you have names and examples, I'm sure a committee member will read this and investigate. You could always email one (or all) of the web admin team and the webmaster with your concerns. Chances are if I don't seem to have noticed, they won't have either. I suspect there would be a case for tweaking the rules to disallow the use of sigs for non members if it were to be proved and was something that required the rules were firmed up on.