Generally unimpressed

timc78

So at the risk of being contraversial what does everyone want?

I've been given 2 suggestions so far:

Charity event

Track day in the south.

Please, we don't need a thread like this to make suggestions, just the people. :love:  :love:

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Bazzer

• Blatman

• Mrs Westy

I like your thinking stu. Although recently I've turned my attention to painting cows when drunk to either help them blend into the scenery, or to spell rude words as they wander around. (Green and blue, or letters)

Oh dear i seem to have hit a few nerves of a few people here.

Let me say it again, volunteers need a pat on the back with their efforts, I am not disputing that. Mark, Neil and whoever else your efforts are superb and all the members owe you.  

I have stated my opinion on the lack of Southern events, am I not allowed too ??? Why is it a problem when I post something thats a fact.  Its been mentioned before and I'm sure will materialise again.

Andy, I helped you get on track a few years back. You couldn't sort your problem out yourself. Our crowd rallied for you, enabled you to spend most of your day on track and not waste your money. That is what club cammaradie is about, you have obviously forgot that. Our website is a bit of fun for our own motorsport experiences, your welcome to contribute, but I'm sure you haven't got much to say.

Mark, I will attend any event that doesn't clash with any of my other engagements, I will PM you to confirm this. But I am not a WSCC member anymore, so maybe a problem regarding receiving benefits I'm not entitled to.

For all those that offer their time on a voluntary basis to the WSCC, keep up the good work. This is an honest comment. :t-up:

being a relative newbie I personally think that £25 is a wise investment in the knowledge and experience of those whose advice I have  recieved , I know I could have it for free, but I don't mind asking stupid questions of fellow members who would ,I'm sure ,soon cotton on to the freeeloaders.

(giving due respect to non members who offer as much as they take )

I think it is also worth pointing out an old saying by someone a lot wiser than me ...

You can please some of the people all of the time........

and all of the people some of the time........

or something like that

emot-ninja.gif

It's just a fact - some people are 'ideas' people, and some people are implementers.  Trying to force the ideas people into a different box isn't going to work - let them have their suggestions and then let those capable of putting them into practice (if practical, viable, resourced etc etc), run with them.  Ideas are just as valid a contribution as anything else, imho.

mrs westy are you a management consultant ???

youve got "ideas" people in "boxes"  :sheep:  :sheep:

do you dance like david brent  :p  :p  ;)

a slightly different perspective.

I like this message board.  I like going to the club meets (when I can).  I like the occaisional karting (when Ive got the cash).  I like the mag.

I dont like going to shows.  I am not going to compete in the speed series.  I am not going to organise wscc only events (although I do organise se7ens events, I always try to make sure that club members are invited).

Thats enough for me, I feel like i get vfm for my 25quid.  I am glad to be part of something bigger, and if my 25 quid helps asist in that then I think thats a good thing.   :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :)

:D I aspire to it one day. Management consultants seem to earn sh!t loads of dosh for spouting a load of old claptrap and wheeling out the same stuff at every different place they go to  :xmas:

Management consultants seem to earn sh!t loads of dosh for spouting a load of old claptrap and wheeling out the same stuff at every different place they go to  

Sounds familiar. have you said that somewhere else?  :D

jokeing a side westfieldracing.co.uk may  be in a position to organise a track day/sprint at lydden, depending on nos. if you are interested please log on and leave a message...or pm me on this sight..Lydden is in the south!!

ta

:D I aspire to it one day. Management consultants seem to earn sh!t loads of dosh for spouting a load of old claptrap and wheeling out the same stuff at every different place they go to  :xmas:

Yep, that'll be you then :arse:

:0

Andy, I helped you get on track a few years back. You couldn't sort your problem out yourself. Our crowd rallied for you, enabled you to spend most of your day on track and not waste your money. That is what club cammaradie is about, you have obviously forgot that.

I do remember. And I whole-heartedly agree. The camaraderie in the Speed Series and WSCC as a whole are staggering...

I'm on the receiving end of it more often than not (which is one of the reasons I try to 'put back' in the ways I can). I'm not sure why you think I've forgotten? ???

Andy