Cambridge to Stoneleigh

CrashBangWallop

If you guys state your departure time from either from Sixfields Macky Dees or Rothersthorpe services we'll make it over to you for that time.

Chaz.

OK let's meet at Maccy D's on Sixfields for a 9am departure. I'll let everyone know.

Thanks Chaz.

9am?!?!... I'll have to be out me pit before 7!

Christ we don't normally leave Peterboroug till 9... We, it's supposed to be 8.30, but we've never managed it yet!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CrashBangWallop

• markcoopers

• scruffythefirst

• chazpowerslide

Chaz.

OK let's meet at Maccy D's on Sixfields for a 9am departure. I'll let everyone know.

Thanks Chaz.

9am?!?!... I'll have to be out me pit before 7!

Christ we don't normally leave Peterboroug till 9... We, it's supposed to be 8.30, but we've never managed it yet!

Jeez!  Are ya extracting the urine?  What time does that mean we have to leave Cambridge?

Engine start supposedly saturday if anyones interested.  Anyone got a timing light or fuel pressure guage handy?

About 8:50am Neil  :p

No. Seriously.  Or are you being?  Sixfields is not a ten minute drive, I'm fairly sure.

Engine start supposedly saturday if anyones interested.  Anyone got a timing light or fuel pressure guage handy?

Like I said a bit further up... I'd be happy to come along.  I need a post-code or an address and a time, please.

I could bring my fire extinguisher :p:D

Neil

Hue, give us a clue to time, I'm in the car on saturday for a bit so might be able to swing by?

Aiming for about 2ish.

Got to get it filled with coolant and secure some hoses and pop into cambridge for said coolant etc.

Address is 1 nursery gdns, cambridge road, newport (essex!;) As you come into newport from the north, its on the left next to the traffic bollard /island 100 yards inside the 30 limit.  If you get to the coach and horses pub or railway bridge you've gone too far.  Not sure if theres going to be room for parking, maybe the pub?

IT RUNS, IT ACTUALLY RUNS  

Well one Hugh...but how does it run  ???

I'm a bit surprised really

Why  ???

So it looks like we have got a Dax on the Stonleigh run then  :t-up:  :D

...but how does it run  ???

Well, i think the jury is still out on that one, turbo sounds a bit iffy.

So it looks like we have got a Dax on the Stonleigh run then  :t-up:  :D

Don't hold your breath :D

Chris, you've already edited your post once but, maybe, you want to add a 'd' somewhere in there.  Can you guess where?

:)

Well, i think the jury is still out on that one, turbo sounds a bit iffy.

It sounds like an old boiling kettle with the whistle.  It's probably supposed to sound that loud, though.

And, boy, is it running rich.  Pweeeeeeee-ewwwww!

Still, we were all standing there, sh*tting ourselves... extinguishers in hand :)

Well done, Hugh.  Nearly there.

p.s.  the drive home was even better than the drive to yours.  The satnav sent me through some lovely roads :D

Neil

Thanks for your help Neil, much appreciated.  Video is well funny :D

I've had a look at the logs and it appears that the map sensor and tps aren't set up (its reading 100% throttle at idle, no wonder its rich)

Even more surprised it runs after that!

Glad we cleared the petrol fountain up though, that was a bit hairy.