Prams are being vacated

Man On The Clapham Omnibus

The watch was bought to remind ME that the sacrifices I made to achieve the success I now have

Sounds like a pretty good reason to me  :)

the second hand goes much quicker than a 'normal' watch, but as it lacks torque, it does bog down around the 8-O-Clock mark and make one hell of a racket

But does it have side pods?

I know we have our moments over here but they do rather fade into insignificance when viewed alongside the Caterham site don't they? It is at times like this when I realise I made the right decision on all sorts of levels, not just technical/aesthetical/financial  :D  :D  :cool:

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• James

• Monkeylegend

• Man On The Clapham Omnibus

• 10 months later...
One post on there talks about Rolex over Seiko, difference is hand made, not just cost.

Forgive the gross generalisation but it seems that people with Rolex's want others to know they can afford one - could this be the reason for the cost justification of our Caterham friends.

If we compare the two in watch terms

Caterham = Rolex (Expensive, flash and obvious)

Westfield = Omega (Cheaper, better and does not need to shout about it)

Rolex are hand made and a nice quality but they are NOT worth the expense unlles of course you want to wear a Rolex. that can be the only justification for there overinflated price.

there are many diffent watch company's out there and its interesting that the only ones mentioned so far are the obvious brand names belive me there are alot of other company's who produce some of the finest timepice's created they are not as well known of (unless you are a coinisure) but offer supreme quality ie as good as the likes of rolex if not better at a fraction of the price, you just have to know where to look.

as far as spending the money on watches is concerned watches are like cars you can buy a good quality or a poor quality or something in between but there is a diffrence!! I am one of thoses people that apreciates having a fine quality timepice on my wrist.

A nice quality hand made automatic movement will last several lifetimes a quartz watch you be lucky if you get twenty years out of it.

I agree with Bear on his genrilisation of Rolex owners and I repeat genralisation you cant label everyone with the same brush so no insult is intended, but it all comes down to the individuals perseption and apreciation of quality Brand Name and relevent price for the product, some people are happy to spend £4,500.00 on a watch some wont spend more than twenty quid it all comes down to the above!!

This also can aplly to cars.

I would have to argue Bears point of Omega being better than Rolex that is a little brave.

I would have to argue Bears point of Omega being better than Rolex that is a little brave.

Jeez, who dug this post up again!!!!!

Hours upon hours of Cateringvan baiting :p  :p

The opinion on the Omega is not just mine but the view of a professional jeweller of 40 years standing.   ??? and it was all done a little tongue in cheek.

Anyway the whole point of the reference to watches was to illistrate a point not start another arguement.

The wind up is where people inflate their own opinion of something by looking down on something else.

The message was and still is, Be happy with what you have or get or make something better, dont try to make it feel better by doing something else down.

Isn't the face gasket in Rolex watches a bit bodgy ?  :D  ;)

I heard Rolex blame the constant failing of the gasket on the way people adjust the bracelet   :t-up:

Adjusting the bracelet on a Rolex doesn't take place anywhere near the face gasket. Links are added and removed in the body of the bracelet itself with a small screwdriver. In theory (assuming you don't put on lots of weight) the dealer you buy it from will adjust it for fit for you before you leave the shop. Mine did...

I bought my Omega while my Tag went in for repair after  my wife swept it off the bathroom cabinet onto some tiles and the hands fell off :)

Bazzer