• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• James

• Monkeylegend

• Man On The Clapham Omnibus

If you had to remortgage your home to buy your dream then you really couldn't afford it, and you probably can't afford to maintain or repair it properly when it goes wrong. For me, a remortgage is a very silly thing to do to buy a car..

I dont know about that for some people its the only way to relise there dream.

I havnt remorgaged my house to buy my car but my freind did and he will probably do it again, life is to short and you never know when your lights going are about to be snuffed out! you have to enjoy yourself while your here and if that means remorgadging your home to be able to fulfill a life long ambition so be it.

As I said you never know how long's left!

Believe me I'm a live now, pay later kinda guy, but I draw the line at remortgaging my house to pay for my toys when it can go wrong all too easily.

Besides which, remortgaging is an expensive way to do it. Alright, short term, the extra added to mortgage payments are smaller than a loan might be, but with the interest calculated over the remaining term of the mortgage, it adds up to a lot of money...

But hey, lets not get bogged down in this. There's no right answer, just differing opinions on how to realise life dreams...

It is an expensive way to do it but how easy is it for some to get a £28,000 bank loan :D

Im not sure I would want  to see my account ballance after doing that! :D

morgages are easyier to ignore!

I *never* consider how much per mile I'm paying to run any of my cars. I consider ALL the money I spend on them to be lost, so if I recover *anything* if/when I sell them, I'm happy.

Quite right. Every sunday there are mundane car drivers who polish their pride and joy hoping that if its clean it will 1) stand out from the crowd and 2) retain more value which as we all know is bo**cks

All cars lose 30% real quick so my personal rule of thumb is to buy at no more than 60% of original cost cos depreciation then slows down percentage wise. ie 15K westy (built) is immedately worth say 12K BUT there is another factor, the real market price.

You can ask what you like for your house and only sell it if the `market` sees its percieved value in comparison. EG: your 12K westy is valued in the market as approx 10k as there is definitely a barrier at this point. (anyone know of a lotus elise at 10K please :down:)

Its all about psychology and human perception see  :down:

[Monty Python Mode]

"this thread is getting too silly"

[/Monty Python Mode] :p

Have you in fact any thread at all?

Err got Whitworth but it's a bit runny.

I don't k'inn care how runny it is,just screw me.

Not without a washer sir.

???