Prams are being vacated

Man On The Clapham Omnibus

The opinion on the Omega is not just mine but the view of a professional jeweller of 40 years standing.   ??? and it was all done a little tongue in cheek.

Anyway the whole point of the reference to watches was to illistrate a point not start another arguement.

He didnt happen to sell Omega did he? trust me they are not better than Rolex that is a very bold statement to make if they were they would be charging and awfull lot more for them.

Im not trying to start an argument only express a valid opinion

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• James

• Monkeylegend

• Man On The Clapham Omnibus

just to look expensive on your wrist

Thats me  :blush:

TAG

Baume and Mercier

Baume & Mercier nice quality watches not as well known about as they should be but that all comes down to how much money youve got to throw at advertising!

Isn't class about subtlety?

Rolex - Scrap Merchant

Baume & Mercier - Metal recycling Consultant

Timex - Robin Hood owner

Nuff said?

:D:D:D:D:D

Isn't class about subtlety?

Rolex - Scrap Merchant

Baume & Mercier - Metal recycling Consultant

Timex - Robin Hood owner

Nuff said?

:D:D:D:D:D

:D  :D  :D  :D

your not wrong!

I have Seiko's first ever LCD watch at home - apparently it's worth a bit now.

I paid £152.00 in the Knightsbridge NAAFI for it in 1978.

I have Seiko's first ever LCD watch at home - apparently it's worth a bit now.

I paid £152.00 in the Knightsbridge NAAFI for it in 1978.

that will be the one that you couldnt see at night or in bright day light Fantastic!!

:D

It will be worth a few bob to collectors, ide hang on to it for a bit its value can only go up.

He didnt happen to sell Omega did he? trust me they are not better than Rolex that is a very bold statement to make if they were they would be charging and awfull lot more for them.

Im not trying to start an argument only express a valid opinion

He sold both and based it on the watches in for repair and the response of both companies to any problems. At the time I could afford either and had the view on the Omega confirmed by a jeweler in Jersey. Incidentally that is where I bought it.   Major saving. :D

Both our opinions are valid after all they are only opinions.

But we are back to the same question then.

Wait for it ........................................

Is the Cateringvan a better car than a Westfield just because they charge more for it :oops:  :p  :p

I think the answer is no the caterham is not worth the extra unless you purticularly want the badge!

I am afraid I still disagree with Omega being better than Rolex, I know the import company for Omega well and belive me they are a knightmare to deal with, Omega are good and so are Rolex, but to be bold there are other manufacturers that produce better quality than either of these at equel to or lower prices the only down side to them is they are not very well known about, but that comes down to the badge again.

It all comes down to one thing and one thing alone....

Personal preference.

Sensible people just prefer Westfields, and Don't wear Rolex watches lol

Differing personal choice and personal experience then, we agree to disagree. :t-up:

In the end it is all down to marketing, image and customer perception.

We could ask the same question

Bentley or Rolls Royce

VW Golf or Seat.

Westfield or Caterham

The reality of any purchase however is value for money. To me the Rolex was not worth over twice the price as the advice I had was that it is not twice as good.

I agree there are other makes that are better than both and I considered a few alternatives, on that score it came down simply to looks, I liked and like the Seamaster better.

I know someone who paid more for a Gucci than I did for my Omega, now that's buying on image.

We agree on the Caterham though,