• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• James

• Monkeylegend

• Man On The Clapham Omnibus

actually, don't bother with the Rolex, you need to have a Caterham to have one of them... :D Steve :)

No that would have to be a fake Rolex.

Sorry just jesting

Taxi  :D

I really didn't know you could buy watches in kit form... just goes to show.

I'll take a water powered sun dial my man :D  :D  :D

b******* b******* b*******, I'm hooked, I can't stop myself I keep going back in there. somebody stop me please!!!!!!:p:p

It did get quite grown up in there for most of the day, but the Numptie is obviously a creature of the dark hours.

Still, it makes me sooooo glad I bought a Westie, just think if I had bought a C word, the self abuse I could have suffered. ;)  :blues:

I guess we all have to spend our money on something - but an expensive watch? Why?  ???

Must zap over to the other side to see how the self destruction is getting on ...

but an expensive watch? Why?

Cor, don't you know?!!? It will tell the time and.... er that's it. Oh and said time will have a much higher resale value of course...

Me, I just have a watch that's much lighter than everyone elses, the second hand goes much quicker than a 'normal' watch, but as it lacks torque, it does bog down around the 8-O-Clock mark and make one hell of a racket :D  :D  :D

I guess we all have different reasons. Me, I have worked very hard all my life to achieve things. I set myself targets and work at getting there. I have for the last 10 years run my own successful business that is growing in terms of profit, turnover and reputation year on year. It was not always that way, one year we had no Christmas because we could not afford it. Many times during that period it would have been easier to give up and go back to working for someone else. The watch was bought to remind ME that the sacrifices I made to achieve the success I now have were worth it. It may sound arrogant but it is not intented to be, but I did it because I could.

Anyway like they say on the advert, cos I'm worth it. ;)

Ooops nearly got too serious then, I did say earlier in this post that I did'nt have to justify it, but I would guess a lot of Westie owners would have similar reasons for buying/building their cars.

As we grow older the only thing that changes is the size and cost of our toys!!!

Ooops nearly got too serious then

Blimey, dodged that bullet then :D  :D  :D

My post was actually just a flippant reply to my 'trailer looker-after' mate: Stepps :D   I can't read the blatchat thingy without thinking really bad bad thoughts... so I stopped on page 6 (oh deary deary me :D )

And anyway... I've got a casio GPS watch that always knows were it is - me, I'm lost but the @~&^$ watch gets home :D  :D  :D    So there :t-up:

JC

but an expensive watch? Why?

Cor, don't you know?!!? It will tell the time and.... er that's it. Oh and said time will have a much higher resale value of course...

Me, I just have a watch that's much lighter than everyone elses, the second hand goes much quicker than a 'normal' watch, but as it lacks torque, it does bog down around the 8-O-Clock mark and make one hell of a racket :D  :D  :D

Very clever! :D  :D  :D

Should I have gone for a robin hood?

:D:D:D:D:D

No please. Dunno' why but I have a real problem with RH's.

Caterham, MK Indys, Tiger, whatever - they're all fine cars but Robin Hoods always irritate me. The whole point of a 7 type car is that they're meant to be light and nimble. I think Colin Chapman also had low cost as a goal, but I guess that was just his sense of humour showing through. Making a big car light makes great sense - drive an Audi A8 someday!

But why make a light car heavy? :bangshead: