Oulton Park trackday 26th Aug

Andrew

Definitely one of the best days ive done and possibly my new favorite track. i do have some video footage but not much. ill see if i can get it uploaded this evening. it was great with there being so many westfields and putting some names to faces

• Like 4

Thanks for a top day (and evening beforehand) everyone, also great to put more faces to forum names!

No vids, pics or anything from me sadly, trying to keep the day as low-stress as possible...

• Like 5

Terrible news, no video from me, the GoPro crapped its pants. :( 

Sorry @maurici, I guess you’ll just have to have another go!

• Sad 2

Oh, **** me. :(

i was really really looking forward to it. :(

• Like 1

First vid from me.

Jeff and Stoney using me as the warm up guy. 🙂

Jeff got black flagged for exceeding track limits twice in one lap. 😆

• Like 6

Second one..

First part behind @Michael Whitworth, and then @AdamR on his trailer tyres. 🙂  The Lobster was lifting its inside wheel accelerating out of Cascades a la Lotus Cortina! Superb! ..cant see it on the vid unfortunately, as he's just a bit far off. 

• Like 4

I've had a go at freezing the lobster three wheeling vid.. I reckon if you zoom in a bit it's visible? 

So.. he only needs three trailer tyres to spank me. 😉 

2094906598_Adam3wheels.jpg.bd68bb37f79a43e5b1d3844745eba234.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Only a short one from me chasing @Andy (Sycho) mighty s2000. i have a few more but i seem to have been out there on my own. turn your volume down my straight cut gearbox is loud on the vids lol

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Ben(EBD-ENG) said:

turn your volume down my straight cut gearbox is loud on the vids lol

Is it as loud when you're driving, or is the noise being transmitted through the chassis to the camera?

Going well there Benjamin! 🙂 

7 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Is it as loud when you're driving, or is the noise being transmitted through the chassis to the camera?

Going well there Benjamin! 🙂 

I'm very surprised at how well the car goes. The gearbox isnt that loud I think it's being transmitted through the car but I do wear ear plugs

• Like 1

Wasn't there a sign saying 'Lights On' as you went onto the track? I got asked if I had any lights (duuuhhh) in a way that insinuated I should have them on...

Thanks for the link too, finally a 'tog caught me in the Lobster's natural habitat!

https://www.msvtphotography.com/p/25643sxp/29439480404/jr2-5312

And finally thanks for the videos everyone, going very well and nice to have a memento of the day :yes:

• Like 1

They seemed to like waving flags at you,

I got a black & white one.

No sure what that was for🤔

1 hour ago, AdamR said:

Wasn't there a sign saying 'Lights On' as you went onto the track?

Yeah they made a couple of announcements over the tanoid, side lights only no headlights,they just wanted cars to have rear lights on👍