Oulton Park trackday 26th Aug

Andrew

4 hours ago, Andrew said:

first come first served?

As long as nobody serves himself in my garage... xd.

You are all more than welcome to use space in my garage to leave the stuff you dont need.

I think we should try to arrive earli ish, and do a nice westfield area around the garages... so if it happens to p*** down, or we need help or whatever we all will be around the same area.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maurici said:

I think we should try to arrive earli ish, and do a nice westfield area around the garages... so if it happens to p*** down, or we need help or whatever we all will be around the same area.

Worth a try, but I think we'd struggle to get together behind three garages. Remember the garages either side will want to park up their tow cars, trailers, or transporters directly behind their garages too.

26 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Worth a try, but I think we'd struggle to get together behind three garages. Remember the garages either side will want to park up their tow cars, trailers, or transporters directly behind their garages too.

There was a falling out last time I was at Oulton over this🙄

And the official line from oulton park is that you dont get priority over the space in the paddock directly behind your garage, its first come first served🤷🏾‍♂️

2 hours ago, CosKev said:

There was a falling out last time I was at Oulton over this🙄

And the official line from oulton park is that you dont get priority over the space in the paddock directly behind your garage, its first come first served🤷🏾‍♂️

Understandable tbh. I think if I booked a garage and couldn't get near it with the trailer I'd be a bit miffed. Down to etiquette I suppose..

We could get lucky and have neighbours with no trailers. 🙂    

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

Understandable tbh. I think if I booked a garage and couldn't get near it with the trailer I'd be a bit miffed. Down to etiquette I suppose..

We could get lucky and have neighbours with no trailers. 🙂    

I tend  to be there stupidly early... i like to set up my electric grill and the kettle...

If the local-ish try to be there early , im sure we can manage 14 westfields "around" the area...

Oh btw, i will have an electric grill and a kettle... so if someone wants to bring his own burger/sausage/bacon and their own mug and tea, please feel free to jump in my garage.

It will be even better now that the opening time is the same but we dont have to deal with the idiocy of the black thing is tarmack the green thing is  grass, please dont hit the barriers nor hit the car in front....so more time to prepare stuff.

And all the weather sites, start to align themselves... there is a general consensus that will be 100% dry from 10am, and very little chances of rain from 6am to 10 am.

If my understanding of british weather is about right, it will be bone dry till 10 and then will be biblical rain from 10 onwards. Isn´t it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, maurici said:

And all the weather sites, start to align themselves... there is a general consensus that will be 100% dry from 10am, and very little chances of rain from 6am to 10 am.

If my understanding of british weather is about right, it will be bone dry till 10 and then will be biblical rain from 10 onwards. Isn´t it?

Strong wind too. At least it should dry the track quickly if there are any showers.

I should arrive there at about ten to sighting laps. 🙂 

ill be properly annoyed if it doesnt rain 😁 after all the messing around ive done getting my wets. im aiming to be there for half 7 . not particularly bothered about being in a garage as long as were all close together.

I tried @RussH wets on yesterday but don't fit the front although we're a nice fit on the rear. So he took my rear arches and attacked them with the dremel so I have  no rubbing on my massive wets. So likely to be bone dry after all the effort.

Wednesday looks to be the best day apart from today that would of been nice at Anglesey. 

25 minutes ago, syman84 said:

I tried @RussH wets on yesterday but don't fit the front although we're a nice fit on the rear. So he took my rear arches and attacked them with the dremel so I have  no rubbing on my massive wets. So likely to be bone dry after all the effort.

Wednesday looks to be the best day apart from today that would of been nice at Anglesey. 

anglesy are only running sessioned trackdays  though

17 minutes ago, Ben(EBD-ENG) said:

i thought today was an open pit lane opentrack day 

57 minutes ago, Ben(EBD-ENG) said:

No they are running open pit lane days,but only allowing 30 cars per day open pitlane. 

Javelin advertised a open pitlane day there last week,few people I know were booked on,few days before they emailed saying its sessioned now🙄as if they didn't know Wales are only allowing max gatherings of 30 people 🙄

So Javelin made loads more money than the organisers who are sticking to open pitlane for 30 cars,dirty trick imo😏