2020 Speed Series regulations - draft copy

John Loudon - Sponsorship Liaison

Your name must be CLARE VOYANT

I can see that a lot of time and effort has gone in to these new regs for which I am grateful. 

I haven't had enough time to fully digest and understand how the new class structure may affect my decision as to W2 or W4 for 2020, but on first sight it does seem a shame that we've lost the progression from road going to modified that the old class structure gave us.

Could I also ask for a definitive answer as to what will be accepted as a fully functional passenger seat in W1 & W2 ?

Peter, I suspect you have to be a fully paid up member to access it. It looks as if you are only a trial member at the moment?

Ok thanks Stephen, I am hoping to buy a Westfield in the close season so was using this years regulations as my guide... I will join the club but in the meantime any ideas what splits a big vs small engine please? As I am looking at entering the road going class and driving my car to and from the events(as mad as it sounds)

thanks

pete

9 minutes ago, Peteroconnor said:

Ok thanks Stephen, I am hoping to buy a Westfield in the close season so was using this years regulations as my guide... I will join the club but in the meantime any ideas what splits a big vs small engine please? As I am looking at entering the road going class and driving my car to and from the events(as mad as it sounds)

thanks

pete

Here you go...

There will be 4 Westfield classes and 1 Guest class for all other makes of car.
The classes will be W1 and W2 as Westfield Road classes. W3 and W4 will be Westfield Modified classes. The engine capacity for W1 and W3 will be up to 1800cc for car engines (1150cc for bike engines. ) W2 and W4 engine capacity will be above 1800cc for car engine (above 1150cc for bike engines)
Class G will cover all non Westfield cars.
Cars competing in a Road legal condition are covered by S10.11 and require a full MOT including headlights as well as being registered and taxed as a private car.
The need for Road cars to have a CAT is covered in S12.5.4 and only applies to cars newer than 1999 and then only if needed to pass an MOT in line with DVSA Rules.
It was confirmed that Modified cars will need a CAT if they were manufactured after 31/12/1999 and is covered by J5.16.7
The tyres for Road cars are to be List 1A and 1B (S12.6)

7 minutes ago, Peteroconnor said:

thanks

pete

Hi Pete the split for the speed series is 1800cc for a car engine powered Westfield and 1150cc for a bike engined Westfield.

There are a few well spec'ed road going sprint car currently for sale. 

Shamless plug mine is one of them. Good luck in your search and becoming a member pays for itself in no time with the knowledge on here

1 minute ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Here you go...

Beat me to it :t-up:

1 minute ago, syman84 said:

Beat me to it :t-up:

Was just about to say “beat you to it” - other than the shameless plug 😁

Thanks all, just joined up as a fully fledged member!😀

look forward to meeting you at some events next season

• Like 1

Hi all, reading the regs the difference between road going classes is the engine cc. So can you run whatever gearbox you want in either class? Ie sequential? Assume so as a bike engine will have a sequential box

16 minutes ago, Peteroconnor said:

Assume so as a bike engine will have a sequential box

Bike engines have them as standard. Very different rule. 

edit: best await a reply from someone who knows the rules though! I know naaaaarthing 🤣

15 minutes ago, Peteroconnor said:

Hi all, reading the regs the difference between road going classes is the engine cc. So can you run whatever gearbox you want in either class? Ie sequential? Assume so as a bike engine will have a sequential box

Looks like you can now run whatever gearbox you want. In previous years you were not allowed to. But in making the classes more inline with other championships and on the day classes, I have previously run against sequencial box's in road going. Maybe a point of clarification from the SSOT

@mark.anson

@John

@Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary

For W1 and W2 I think that the blue book says if sequential gearbox it must have been standard fitment if complying with S11. This would I guess mean ok mega blade or megabusa bike engines cars but not car engined other then the fw400 or the sport2000s  that left the factory with sequential boxes fitted. 

For W3 and W4 S12 says gearbox is free 

David 

Yes correct so only the bike engine powered car can have a sequencial in W1 and W2

Screenshot_20191102_105538_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg