2020 Speed Series regulations - draft copy

John Loudon - Sponsorship Liaison

Wow great work. A real shake up and I think on the whole very positive.

Is the calendar confirmed. It looks good at first glance. A good spread, plenty of weekends and no clashes.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, IanD said:

Wow great work. A real shake up and I think on the whole very positive.

Is the calendar confirmed. It looks good at first glance. A good spread, plenty of weekends and no clashes.

Thanks Ian

The calendar is confirmed as much as it can be but inevitably we are in the hands of the organising clubs.

Terry has been working hard on putting the calendar together and is in contact with the organisers.
I’m sure he will be along with more info soon If anything changes. 

Clearly these are draft regs which have to be approved by Motorsport UK, but we wanted to get them out there early as possible so folk could make plans.

So far the comments have been largely positive so hopefully they will be well received. 

• Like 1

• John Loudon - Sponsorship Liaison pinned this topic

Well done all involved with the SSOT top job 👍

it all looks good to me definitely a step in the right direction 

Well done to everyone involved in bringing this about. 👍  It's a brave move and can't have been a comfortable one but I think it was necessary.  It will be interesting to see how it pans out.  Looking forward to it.

An excellent job, congratulations to the SSOT. 

Lets hope that next season brings more novices into the SS, this year has been very disappointing, although the previous year was well supported by novices if I remember correctly.

Great consolidation of classes and the scoring system sounds like a good way to go. All around, thumbs up from me! Thank you to those involved in the hard work that goes in to the regs every year, without you we have no championship.

As something quite close to my heart...😋 shouldn't the tie break rules be the other way around? Biggest gap over 2nd/3rd etc being more relevant than the sheer number of events entered effectively? Or is it deliberately that way to encourage people to enter more events? Would be interested to hear John Hoyle's thoughts on this in particular 🤣

• Haha 1

I don't really have an opinion on the regs, they have to be tested to see how the work... but apparently you've done a great Job guys!! NOBODY has moaned properly yet!! that mus be a good sight.

I wish you all the best. Less classes and "on the day" scores, I trully think will improve the competition. Wont be fair ultimately, as will never be a system witch is not based on direct competition, BUT on paper looks hundred of times better than the old system!!

Nice idea!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tkm_dave said:

Would be interested to hear John Hoyle's thoughts on this in particular 🤣

We will never get over it, isn't it?? 

In some point... to your grandchilds... "But I was the fastest"🤣🤣

1 minute ago, maurici said:

We will never get over it, isn't it?? 

In some point... to your grandchilds... "But I was the fastest"🤣🤣

I literally stop strangers on the street to tell them!

• Haha 3

Well done. Some big changes but I think it was clear that change was needed. 

I am a bit concerned that if some poorly attended events there could be some skewed scores between classes. I wonder if a way of limiting this by using other Westfield’s in other classes even without target times. Perhaps a max percentage between classes. 

It may be obvious but I don’t think hill climb events are defined.  Perhaps they should be marked as such on the calendar. 

Personally I also think it would have been good  to have kept road going and non road going guest classes. 

regards

David

We don't need to define hillclimbs in the Regs submission to Motorsport Uk but I will see what I can do 

Hillclimb events now denoted in regs

3 hours ago, tkm_dave said:

Great consolidation of classes and the scoring system sounds like a good way to go. All around, thumbs up from me! Thank you to those involved in the hard work that goes in to the regs every year, without you we have no championship.

As something quite close to my heart...😋 shouldn't the tie break rules be the other way around? Biggest gap over 2nd/3rd etc being more relevant than the sheer number of events entered effectively? Or is it deliberately that way to encourage people to enter more events? Would be interested to hear John Hoyle's thoughts on this in particular 🤣

3 hours ago, tkm_dave said:

Dave

The method of deciding a tie break was discussed at length and it’s fair to say it was very difficult to decide what to do, whichever method we thought of, it wasn’t ideal or fool proof.

It was decided to go with this method this year but if anyone can come up with a fairer system for the following season please let the SSOT know and it can be looked at.

We hope there will be close competition again but hopefully the tie break situation won’t arise. ( Famous last words 😂
Mark Anson SSOT. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks Mark. Hopefully with the consolidation of classes we'll see more numbers per class and deciding tie breaks by the largest winning margin will come back in to being relevant. Either way, great job on the regs over all! :)

57 minutes ago, mark.anson said:

hopefully the tie break situation won’t arise

4 cars tied at 1000 points at the end of the season...

I can see it...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1