North Oxford Blat to Castle Combe - 22nd March 2014

KugaWestie

I have had it confirmed by the organisers via Nick Algar that it is definitely free entry for spectators

Would you mind somebody coming from N Leics tagging along from the initial start point? Unless the weather looks as if it's going to be pants, then i will stay at home :d 

Cheers

Ian 

Would you mind somebody coming from N Leics tagging along from the initial start point? Unless the weather looks as if it's going to be pants, then i will stay at home :d

Cheers

Ian 

You are more than welcome Ian :t-up:

The more people that joing the blat, the more fun it will be :d

We have planned a blat for anyone that wants to join us to support the WSCC Speed Series event being held at Castle Combe on Saturday 22nd March 2014.

• It is free to get into the track.
  • On site is Merlin Motorsports as well for a good peruse of their shop.
  • Runs consist of 1.75 laps of a 1.8 mile circuit, so each run is over 3 miles (about as long as it gets in Sprints); the venue has its own cafe where food and drink is provided throughout the day, so breakfast through lunch; spectators can tour around pretty well the whole length of the track around its perimeter; the event is the opening round of the 2014 SBD Motorsport British Sprint Championship and is the fastest venue it visits all year and will have two Gould GR55s in its entry list (probably)

Our planned route is as follows:-

08:00am - Set off from the normal monthly meet venue "The Rock" http://www.therockofgibraltar.co.uk/

08:45am - Stop at the large car park on the Swindon Road just outside Lechlade by the humpback bridge to pick up any additional blatters

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=204904942721478016467.0004f36980962cab61c29&msa=0&gl=uk&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=20&vpsrc=1&iwloc=0004f36980973abdf8146

08:50am - Leave Car park

09:05am - Stop at the Toys R Us Car Park in Swindon to pick up any additional blatters

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=204904942721478016467.0004f3698ded74c3dae91&msa=0&gl=uk&ie=UTF8&ll=51.575809,-1.730454&spn=0.00047,0.001321&t=h&z=20&vpsrc=1&iwloc=0004f3698deec2de8d979

09.10am - Set off for Castle Combe.

10:00am - Arrive at the Circuit

Now I am really hoping we can pick up a few of the Swindon folk en-route, and turn this into a decent club showing at Castle Combe, with a bit of fun blatting on the way.

People can stay as long as they like at the circuit, and drift off whenever they please.

So come please chaps, lets make this a decent outing :) 

Copy of what I have just sent out by email

Guys,

With an “iffy” weather forecast and not much response from you all, I am wondering if there is any interest in this or not?

So far I know:-

• Chris – probably a no
  • Adam - ?
  • Alan - ?
  • Andrew - ?
  • Geoff - ?
  • Jamie - ?
  • Lue – asking me if it is still on
  • Luke - ?
  • Nathan ?
  • Pete – Yes
  • Richard - ?
  • Roger – Battery trouble, so no
  • Simon – Trackday, so no

So from my point of view, I am feeling frustrated as the majority have not bothered to reply L

I don’t mind doing the blat, but want to know if there will be anybody at the designated pick up points, or whether anyone is going to actually turn out?

Perhaps you could all be kind enough to take a few seconds of your time and let me know, so I can make a call on whether it is worth it or not, and also if we run, where to stop to collect people.

Gary

Mike

Dommo

Are you still planning on joining?

Gary, PM sent, but to confirm, I'm still planning on coming out to play if the trip is still on.

Thanks Mike

Trip is on - see you Saturday :t-up:

I am coming as long as it stays dry, I would like to meet at toys r us :-)

I might fly down and meet at Toy's R Us too if the weather is dry :)

I am coming as long as it stays dry, I would like to meet at toys r us :-)

Excellent, see you in the morning!

I might fly down and meet at Toy's R Us too if the weather is dry :)

Excellent, see you in the morning

Gary is obviously guaranteeing dry weather. Thanks Gary :d

I have been out dancing round the anti rain pole all afternoon Dom  :laugh:

I have just put the half hood on so I am all set for the morning :)