Darve's Build Diary

darve

the rear disks on my donor fairly covered in rust. The passenger side rear is 100% covered in probably about 2mm thick :o don't think that one was working!!

I'm guessing it would be advisable to replace so was looking around and found these:

http://www.mx5parts....ake-p-1611.html

what are your thoughts?? seems a good deal to me

I bought all new discs, pads and calipers for mine but bought the OEM mazda parts from mx5parts. The package deal looks like good value and I'm sure will be capable, just make sure you buy the correct kit, as the ones you've linked to are for a Mk2 not Mk1.

mines a 1999 model so is it not a mk2?

Yes it is, it is NB/mk2. 1999 they had 10 year anniversary model that had 6 speed and torsen

Yes it is, it is NB/mk2. 1999 they had 10 year anniversary model that had 6 speed and torsen

Not with pop up headlights it's not I'm afraid ??? that makes it a Mk1.

Being an import I'd presume the date of first registration in the UK was 1999? The date of manufacture is reflected in the P-registration of the car wich would make in Aug '96 to July '97.

Being an import I'd presume the date of first registration in the UK was 1999? The date of manufacture is reflected in the P-registration of the car wich would make in Aug '96 to July '97.

fountain-emoticon.gif He strikes again :d

hmmmm the P reg and 1999 did confuse me a little :)

I bought that deal (mk1) last year. Only fitted the fronts to the donor (was running it at the time) but I didn't notice any problems. Frankly, it's a bargain!

Ah, sorry. Forgot the weirdness of UK MOT ppl when it comes to imports.

not bad progress for a full day yesterday and a few hours today if I do say so myself :)

20120401_201857.jpg

and the patented hub puller :)

20120331_142259.jpg

off on the honeymoon tomorrow. engine out after that :d

I ordered new disks and pads all round and they arrived during the week

anyone got any tips for getting the steering wheel off? am I right in thinking you shouldn't hit the column with a hammer as it could collapse?

anyone got any tips for getting the steering wheel off? am I right in thinking you shouldn't hit the column with a hammer as it could collapse?

I use a hub puller these days but I've done it in the past with a short length of wood on the back of the wheel and a few gentle taps with my favourite hammer :)

The design of the mazda column is such that if it does collapse (and yes I've done it :oops: ) you can pop them back out again :d

• 3 weeks later...

just emailed westfield to arrange a factory visit and enquire about what discount they can offer at the moment :t-up: how exciting :d :d :d :d :d

just emailed westfield to arrange a factory visit and enquire about what discount they can offer at the moment :t-up: how exciting :d :d :d :d :d

If they don't budge on price just now, just wait 4 weeks til Stoneleigh as they will offer a 10% discount on the kits