Newbie after some advice

KugaWestie

Good to meet you today Gary and enjoy the build  :t-up:

Likewise mate  :t-up:

Found the reg number by the way - on the key.

Now to try and recover the V5 - what does everyone think my chances are - quote the engine number?

You'd need to know the VIN to get a replacement V5 then you can fill out one of these. Trouble is that assuming the donor was declared as scrapped the best you'll get from the DVLA will be a photocopy of the V5.

If the Donor was a UK car then there's a chance that you may be able to get the VIN from a friendly mazda dealer.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KugaWestie

• Mark (smokey mow)

• TIG Brother

• CRAIGR

Good to meet you today Gary and enjoy the build  :t-up:

Likewise mate  :t-up:

Found the reg number by the way - on the key.

Now to try and recover the V5 - what does everyone think my chances are - quote the engine number?

You'd need to know the VIN to get a replacement V5 then you can fill out one of these. Trouble is that assuming the donor was declared as scrapped the best you'll get from the DVLA will be a photocopy of the V5.

If the Donor was a UK car then there's a chance that you may be able to get the VIN from a friendly mazda dealer.

Craig thinks the donor kar was a pallet donor kit from MX5 heaven, but he did not have any paperwork from them - do you think they would have a record?

Good to see its made it's way to its new home :).

When are you moving you're bed into the garage.

How come the head has been stripped from the engine?

Whilst its out also check out the sump modification that will need doing to add to the list of things to do.

This is where the real fun starts. Hope you have a good heater in there?

Craig thinks the donor kar was a pallet donor kit from MX5 heaven, but he did not have any paperwork from them - do you think they would have a record?

If it was from MX5 heaven then there's a good chance they'll have a copy as they photocopied mine when I bought it.

I'm not convinced though that it was a pallet donor.  I'm pretty sure that this was the orginal build thread for yours and Craig's cars and post 26 reads as though it wasn't a pallet donor ???

b****y hell Mark that is the two cars.

I wouldn't trust that village idiot who's posting to put together a toy from a kinder egg .Had to strip the thing bare and put it together properly .

Just reread it and boy is he full of s**t , airbox sorted ,made the tank fitted the rad , made the bl**dy exhaust etc .Yeah right. Every nut bolt  was the wrong length, tank was stock from westfield as was exhaust bits missing everywhere that were still in the boxes. Sure the idiot couldn't even read let alone use a spanner.

And breathe .

I wouldn't trust that village idiot who's posting to put together a toy from a kinder egg .Had to strip the thing bare and put it together properly .

Just reread it and boy is he full of s**t , airbox sorted ,made the tank fitted the rad , made the bl**dy exhaust etc .Yeah right. Every nut bolt  was the wrong length, tank was stock from westfield as was exhaust bits missing everywhere that were still in the boxes. Sure the idiot couldn't even read let alone use a spanner.

And breathe .

:D:D:D you missed one :p

"Chassis modified and engine mounts made."

I guess the chassis mods will invalidate your warranty then  :oops: He did though do a good job making the engine mounts.  They look almost identical to the ones that westfield supply in the kit.... Oh hang on they are Westfield ones  :laugh:

It's a Saxo forum, what do you expect  :sheep:

Good to see its made it's way to its new home :).

When are you moving you're bed into the garage.

How come the head has been stripped from the engine?

Whilst its out also check out the sump modification that will need doing to add to the list of things to do.

This is where the real fun starts. Hope you have a good heater in there?

Thanks

Got lots of duvet covers in the garage already !

Head removed - dont know why

Sump modification?

Good heater - on the shopping list - anyone recommend one?

And breathe .

And you told me you done it all yourself - matey boy has built it for you  :laugh:

Sump mod :t-up:

Quite important as it get's you another 30mm ground clearance :)

And breathe .

And you told me you done it all yourself - matey boy has built it for you  :laugh:

I've been sussed . Off to buy a saxo nice knowing you guys bye. :D

And breathe .

I've been sussed . Off to buy a saxo nice knowing you guys bye. :D

Lol

Smokey mow - I would like to run something by you but cannot pm as not got my membership sorted yet, form sent off though!

Can you let me have an e-mail address, or Craig can you text me Marks e-mail address?

Sump mod :t-up:

Quite important as it get's you another 30mm ground clearance :)

My lower gearbox brace is now completely smashed up and the sump has grounded out once or twice. Luckily the sump had the work

Done.

Smokey mow - I would like to run something by you but cannot pm as not got my membership sorted yet, form sent off though!

Can you let me have an e-mail address, or Craig can you text me Marks e-mail address?

Feel free to email me at mark_wendon@hotmail.com :t-up: