Newbie after some advice

KugaWestie

Also prepare for the time period after you're finished, the IVA completed, it's registered and on the road, and the first wise-A*** who comes in here and tries to entice you into an upgrade.  This time period is roughly about ten minutes.

Supercharge it !!!!

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KugaWestie

• Mark (smokey mow)

• TIG Brother

• CRAIGR

Also prepare for the time period after you're finished, the IVA completed, it's registered and on the road, and the first wise-A*** who comes in here and tries to entice you into an upgrade.  This time period is roughly about ten minutes.

Supercharge it !!!!

Is this Craig getting ready for the comments once that green one is done?

IVA is not that bad as long as you stick to common principles.

I'm sure when it's time I can always cast an eye over thigs and I'm sure if you get some pics up every now and then people will point out potential issues.

Carbon mods might also become you're new best friends ;) they did for me :D

Carbon is king these days - chrome is rather outdated ;);););)

Still got that chrome exhaust in the avatar? :p

Still got that chrome exhaust in the avatar? :p

Pipe down  :p  :blush:  :D

Ha, not even close Captain, not even close!  :laugh:

Mine hadn't even made SVA before I'd been talked in to selling my Dellorto's and fitting throttle bodies, in fact the engine hadn't even been started, though it had been fitted in the car. Brakes had been connected and bled when I went up to CAT Motorsport to drop off some stuff for powder coating. While there, Andy convinced me how much better life would be with a set of his fantastically light four pot callipers  ;)  :D Went back to collect the stuff a week later, and spent the afternoon fitting the new alloy steering rack clamps that had come back from CAT with me!

Oh, nearly forgot, a bulk but from Pete saw me pulling my existing lightweight flywheel off and swapping it for an Alloy one.  :xmas:

Upgradeitis! A terrible and HIGHLY contagious affliction.   :D

Before drilling off engine mounts ensure the gearbox fits in the tunnel and isn't sitting against the cross members / chassis rails.

Fit plenty of cable tie anchor points in the engine bay on the drivers side BEFOR you fit the engine and body work. ( other wise you cannot get a drill in the gaps )

Make you're own hole for the steering column to pass through the bulk head and make it some thing like 3 times larger than what is stated. Depending on what coloumn assy they give you.

Ignore the prop modification length until you can actually measure the distance between the gear box and diff.

Ensure you leave plenty of time so that you're steering column can be cut and welded 3 times before it comes back from Westfield the correct length.

Feel free to add any others. :D

Good advice :t-up:I shall just add a link  :cool:

And to add, fit the wiring loom in the engine bay as best as possible before fitting the engine.  Once it's in they'll be very little room to get a drill in to fix any clips needed.

Bet ya can't do this with carbon  :laugh:

Just in case you forget what you're driving you get a reflection looking back at you to remind you every time you take it out :cool::D

Effigy.jpg

Hear hear smokey!

Bet ya can't do this with carbon  :laugh:

Just in case you forget what you're driving you get a reflection looking back at you to remind you every time you take it out :cool::D

Effigy.jpg

I think it would help to concentrate on the road and stop checking out you're reflection  :p

I think it would help to concentrate on the road and stop checking out you're reflection  :p

Tricky to do when you're as good looking as I am :D:D

Ooh where did i put that popcorn  :D

Pringles for me please...............where is Captain?