Newbie after some advice

KugaWestie

Garage is all cleared out ready to go, its gonna be tight with all that gear in one go, might have to store some bits outside under a tarpaulin!

Won't be clear for long now :D

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KugaWestie

• Mark (smokey mow)

• TIG Brother

• CRAIGR

I need to become a fully paid up member on here, then I can start a build thread  :laugh:

Smokey - Craig has no V5 for the donor vehicle, do you think this will end up becoming a Q plate? If I try to retrieve the V5 and it has been declared scrapped?

The main reason for needing the V5 is to prove to the DVLA that the majority of the donor parts were taken from a single vehicle and proving the age of that.  

Due to an error on my part I didn't have the V5 for my donor at the registration stage, yet the DVLA in Ipswich were happy to accept the tear of slip together with a photocopy of the original V5 sent to me by swansea (they wouldn't issue a new one for change of ownership as the car had been declared scrapped).

If you can provide sufficient receipts, details, photos etc to the DVLA to show the age of the parts then you'll get an age related plate.  If you can't convince them of the age then it's a Q plate. That said there are certain advantages to having a Q.

If you're worried and definately want to ensure you get an age plate, then I'd consider buying a complete wreck off Ebay and using the V5 and engine from that in Craig's car, then breaking and selling the rest of the parts for profit.  

From experience you can get £100 for a standard diff, £200 for an engine and £50 for a gearbox, so it'll be pretty easy to get your money back.

Smokey

I am intrigued by your "certain advantages of having a Q plate" comment.

Whate are they?

Garage is all cleared out ready to go, its gonna be tight with all that gear in one go, might have to store some bits outside under a tarpaulin!

You not wrong there, but I do know somebody else that will have a bit more space in their garage!!

When do I get my finders fee :D:D:D:p

Build some wooden racking above your head to store the bodywork and various parts in your garage, like i did with mine below:

2into1Medium.jpg

When do I get my finders fee :D:D:D:p

When I meet up with you all after the build is completed  :cool:

Sent my form and cheque off for membership to the Club Secretary today, so should be a bona-fide member soon!

Where abouts in oxon are you?

Just north of Oxford  :t-up:

Not far from me then :)

Cant view your profile until fully paid up member  :zzz:

I'm just north of Oxford too ;)

LOL, sounds like I might have found a "phone a friend"  :xmas:

If you need any hassle free no bull rubbish advice ;)

Thanks for the offer, I will take you up on it if I need to  :D