• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KugaWestie

• Mark (smokey mow)

• TIG Brother

• CRAIGR

Going out for my last blat before I SORN mine tomorrow

Just got back myself.  Lovely day for it, I wrapped up expecting it to be cold and then had to shed some layers half way round as I was starting to roast :oops: MOT in a week then mine will be tucked away for the winter so I can start work properly on the other car.

Gary, I've just sent you an email re: the build manuals.  I forgot to mention that the body fitting manual which I sent was written for SVA testing not IVA and tells you to mount the indicator side repeaters to the tub.  If you do this their position wont pass IVA so you'll need to fix them to the sides of the cycle wings.

Gary, I've just sent you an email re: the build manuals.  I forgot to mention that the body fitting manual which I sent was written for SVA testing not IVA and tells you to mount the indicator side repeaters to the tub.  If you do this their position wont pass IVA so you'll need to fix them to the sides of the cycle wings.

Thanks very much for the manuals, that will save an hour standing at the copier  :t-up:

Do we have any MX-5 wiring loom experts?

Anyone fancy a game of photo recognition? I hope so.....

I took out the rear wiring looms this evening and they are only part labelled, so need some help trying to indentify unlabelled areas on the looms.

See attached, any help appreciated:-

Rear Wiring Looms

:t-up:

Does this help for the rear loom?  In the build manual westfield get you to modify the mx5's loom, I decided instead to remake it from scratch.

If you'd like to take a stab at the age of the donors loom I can also send you the mazda wiring diagrams for it.

rearloom.jpg

It's very windy Out there tonight. Let's hope its all secured down ok.

With the rear look what do you actually have labelled would probably be the easier place to start as a lot of the loom is cut out any way.

So you will need,

Rear light feed

Brake light feed

Reverse light feed

Left / right indicator feed

Fog light feed - this may or may not be there if the car was an import.

Fuel pump feed

Fuel sender feed

Number plate light feed - this might come from the tail light.

Handbrake switch

Can you identify these from marks diagram?

The donor vehicle was an L plate, so 1993

'93 diagrams now emailed :t-up:

The donor vehicle was an L plate, so 1993

'93 diagrams now emailed :t-up:

:t-up:  :oops:

Does it not give you the colours in the manual Gary from the multiblock back. I thought thats where i did it from.

Who needs a manual with you guys  :D

I have not really looked at the manual yet!