Newbie after some advice

KugaWestie

What was the engine putting out on the rolling road mark?

The one in the narrow was showing 128 which for a 1600 that started with 114 isn't too bad for only having had a head skim and the valve seats cut.

128 is extremely good for a Ma5da race engine - sounds like a good buy TBH Mark - do you know which car it came from and which Rolling Road tested it?

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KugaWestie

• Mark (smokey mow)

• TIG Brother

• CRAIGR

Pick up pipe was definately around Gary as i remember seeing it. Will have a scout around the mess which is my garage later to see if its here still. :t-up:

Update .DOH!!

Found in another another another box.

Your steering wheel centre , oil pick up pipe, two mahoosive jubilee clips which i think are for the exhaust heatshield, and a pair of s/hand donor handbrake cables.  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Good man, can you post them to me please?

Very strong MK1 1.6 MX5 engine, as removed from my race car, 128bhp at wheels when it was on rolling road in march 2008, always in front pack of cars inc 1 win and a 2nd place.

The car had been involved in an accident that destroyed the shell IIRC at Brands.  It was british racing green and a lot of it is now in my garage :D

Very strong MK1 1.6 MX5 engine, as removed from my race car, 128bhp at wheels when it was on rolling road in march 2008, always in front pack of cars inc 1 win and a 2nd place.

The car had been involved in an accident that destroyed the shell IIRC at Brands.  It was british racing green and a lot of it is now in my garage :D

I know the car well Mark - the advert isn't wrong - it was a very, very strong car indeed!

You've done extremely well finding that little peach.  :t-up:

(Andy Burge was a very useful driver as well).

I know the car well Mark - the advert isn't wrong - it was a very, very strong car indeed!

You've done extremely well finding that little peach.  :t-up:

(Andy Burge was a very useful driver as well).

:cool:  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:  :t-up:

• 2 weeks later...
I'm back :D that's the folks seen for another week :t-up:

Here's the post I was thinking of

You need to call Mazda UK on 08457 484848 and ask to speek to the Homologations Manager.

Give him the engine number and then he'll take down a few personal details and ask you to write in with a cheque for £35 (prices correct in 2008 :D )

Send the bribe err sorry payment to:

Mazda Motors UK Limited

Anchor Boulevard

Dartford

Kent

DA2 6QH

Then a couple of weeks later you'll get a letter back from them on some cheep headed copy paper (that probably cost no more than 30p) confirming the engine number and it's manufacture date.  If the donor was an import there may be a slightly longer delay as they need to call a little bloke in Japan to get the necessary details for the car.

I rang Mazda on Tuesday morning, asked to speak to the Homologations Manager - not in the office, can I help sir?

Explained what I needed, and got quite a lot of resistance, plus a line "not all engine numbers are unique" and "we cannot tell you the information from the engine number, we need the VIN"

I left my name and telephone number with a "we will ring you back"

Not sure that I will get a call back  :(

When I spoke to the actual homlogation manager he was more than helpful.

So maybe just trying to get hold of him woul be easier.

I have had a couple of more attempts today, never been able to get to him.

Made some progress on the last call though, we did get to yes we can and it will cost £35, but need to check, so fingers crossed!

It would have been less hassle to just fill in the engine number on the V5 and send it away to the DVLA as I did with my Eunos donor. 7 days later I had the updated V5 showing the engine number and still had £35 in my pocket   :D

I have had a couple of more attempts today, never been able to get to him.

Made some progress on the last call though, we did get to yes we can and it will cost £35, but need to check, so fingers crossed!

Agree with Rick, the main main is very helpful when you get hold of him.  I guess maybe you've just picked the wrong week.  

FWIW I have obtained two letters from mazda, one in relation to a chassis number and the other for an engine number so it is possible.

You could try as Dean suggests but they are getting wise to this and you run the risk that the DVLA may ask to see your MX5 to check the numbers before they issue the new V5.

Fingers crossed over the next couple of days I should be in possesion of a V5 for a 1995 car  :t-up:

So the plan is to get it registered in my name ang get the engine number on the V5, and SORN it.

Then, hopefully, Robert is your fathers brother  :laugh:

Hi Kuga

Just signed up for updates to your blog, going well.

I started a MX5 SDV in December last year and nearly on the road now, done IVA and waiting for DVLA.

If I think I can offer any assistance I will chip in  :)

Keep up the good work  :t-up:

Hi Kuga

I started a MX5 SDV in December last year and nearly on the road now, done IVA and waiting for DVLA.

So are we going to have a good MX5 based Westfield turn up at Stoneleigh in May?  It will give you something to aim for, Kuga!

:cool:

Hi Kuga

Any assistance or guidance appreciated  :t-up:

Are you putting yours on the road now, or waiting until after winter?