Applecross 2012

ziplob

Throttle cable now sorted.

Used original cable by cutting about 6" from the outer cover and trimming the frade inner section.

All back in place and tested.

Game on again......

Can't make the start time with you all so will catch you later on route or at Applecross.

Enjoy lads, I'm away for my wedding Anniversary, couldn't convince the missus that a trip to Applecross was the perfect break.

Especially since we went to aeroscreen!

Will hopefully catch up with you all at Knockhill or before if there are any other blats organised?

Enjoy the weekend and however wet it is it can't be as bad as cycling up The Bealach in the p******** rain like I did last year!

Away to be sick on the climb after the Bealach :)

P1160417.JPG

Guys,

Have a good trip and enjoy. Matt, watch for the trees and remember the spare fuel pump.

Just glad I have got a village idiots weekend on at home or my wee @rse would be getting wet as well. Forecast not good, but once wet, you dont get any wetter.

Drive safe and see you all soon.

Fraser

[\/][ajor1' timestamp=1340302093' post='966268]

As I had my head in I'm off away mode, I'm now on a ferry to allow me across to Zeebrugge from which point I shall be heading to the Grimsal pass, Switzerland where it will hopefully be a bit dryer and warmer.....tally ho!:-)

have a good one bet we drink more than you

matt is the car ticking over yet

His might be but mine isnae! After eventually getting the crankbolt off, waterpump, timing belt etc changed, I then had a bad water leak at the thermostat housing :cry: . Turns out its the common MX5 issue with corroded & holed pipes. Strapped it up with self amalgamating tape and slapped a couple of coats of Epoxy on top but still getting a wee leak. Put another coat on top tonight and will check it first thing in the morning before making a decision on whether it will last for the 500 mile round trip.

If I end up taking my Mini, I'll tag along at the back and you can pretend you don't know me :d

Guys,

I am planning leaving early Saturday morning from Invergordon , so hopefully catch up with you all at the campsite.

Alan.

Well thats my Westy out. Still getting a leak at the thermostat housing when the car is running even on idle, too much of a leak to drive the car, so its the Mini for me :cry: . After a year in the planning and 2 days work on the ****** car I'm totally gutted. However its guaranteed to bring good weather for the rest of you now! P1sh, p1sh and p1sh again

Well that is me home. Thanks to all for a brilliant week end. Westie in one piece but lost a whiper some where near Inverness.

That's me home as well.

Great weekend with a great bunch of people.

Cheers

Jim

fantastic weather

Really?

I'm glad for you lot because I was driving north on the A9 on saturday and the rain was as bad as anything I've driven through. There were car's pulling off into laybys. I though about you lot and hoped you'd get lucky. The forecast had said that if anywhere was going to be okay it was the west.

Even today there's been some nasty showers.

Glad you had a good time.

Back home.. Two Ronnies and Iain as well.. all safe... had an issue on the way down with my steering rack bolts coming loose..

Weather was fantastic.,. cant complain considering the forecast on Thur..

Great weekend guys !!

Craig

When I got near Calander a police bike, ambulance + jam tart passed me at one hell of a speed in the opposite direction. Matt reported seeing same. It looks like it was none of us whew!