Donor done, build started

Dommo

That's cool, it's after pay day!

Yay I can eat again :d

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Re-test tomorrow then Dom - all set?

Nope, but it's not tomorrow yet :d

Didn't get the car back until Tuesday and all I've managed to do since then is wash it. This morning though I've retorqued the head and removed the seats. About to go back down to the garage to recommence battle - this time to fit the mk2 speed sender into the gearbox and wire that up. Then tonight should just be rewiring the reverse light and sorting out the track rod ends.

Good luck Dom :t-up::westy:

Memo to self: Drain gearbox oil before removing original speed sender from it!

All fitted now, just need to suss out the wiring. It's not as simple as I thought and as the wiring diagram suggested. It has two wires, presumably one feed and one signal. They both give 12v though.

The hall effect sensor I was using originally was just permanently giving a signal - no wonder I had no speedo!

Good luck Dommo,

1:30 - which should make for an exciting navigation of the m4/m5 interchange on a Friday lunchtime!

I've picked up another speedo sensor for now, save messing about sussing out the wiring for the Mazda one as on the face of it it doesn't appear to do what I expect it to.

Good luck for this afternoon Dommo - enjoy the sunshine :d

:t-up::t-up::t-up:

Godzilla is stretching and warming up in readiness!

Good luck ;)

My re-test was a fairly relaxed affair, as long as you had sorted the fail points you will be getting an IVA pass certificate today.

Godzilla might and to sit back down again... again!

The reverse light has proved much trickier than expected. I've rewired it with a new bulb holder and new connections to the bulb holder and it's the same problem. Only now I understand it a bit better. I get 12v across the bulb holder (and at any point on the positive side) until the circuit is completed. Then it drops to 0v. I don't think the circuit can handle the load, which suggests a fault in the switch, seeing as that's the only bit that hasn't been replaced. Shame, I'd only just put the interior and tunnel panels back together last night!

Rather than take the mickey and present the car without all the points addressed, I've rescheduled the IVA. The VOSA centre originally offered Tuesday which is probably a bit too soon in case of other problems so I went for the next available date which was Wednesday 8th August. At least the car is in my garage this time so I don't have to rush again!

Also gives me enough time to knock something up to get the right signal from the mk2 speedo sender.

Seems like a sensible option Dommo

Frustrating that such a minor thing is holding it all back, but best to get everything spot on before re-test