• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Donor done, build started

Dommo

Never doubted it! Congratulations on passing!

• Like 1

And you haven't missed summer yet, because there hasn't been one yet :laugh:

Well done....you can start unbolting stuff and replaceing stuff and adding stuff now.

I'm starting that at the VOSA centre. Still waiting for the RAC guy to turn up with my new super expensive coil pack. We've added an extra engine earth though so hopefully shouldn't do it again

Yes, much more fun doing it in a controlled and planned way though :laugh:

Well done Dom, you got there in the end :t-up:

So does this mean you can come out to play tomorrow then.....?? or have you got to do all the DVLA sh1te now

Yeah I've filled in my V55/4, which should no doubt be a V55/5 but the guidance notes suggest that's for Q plates. Either way, trip to the DVLA not-so-local office tomorrow morning to kick the process off.

Annoyingly, I now have no further opportunities to drive it without a registration plate. Rubbish!

Yeah, £300. Doh! Plus £20 for a litre of oil as it was looking a little low. I think the coils (always the passenger side one) were going because there was no earth strap for the engine. Lack of earth strap probably also explained the sometimes erratic cranking speed (it would occasionally stop for no reason then fire up). We fitted one direct to the battery. I'll probably also fit one to the starter motor as well for good measure.

We couldn't suss out where the engine was earthing to originally! Throttle cable? Diff? Either way, silly thing to overlook!

I earthed mine from the dipstick bracket onto the earth stud on the chassis with a mini earth strap

I think there is a photo on my build thread

A silly oversight! I've gone from the bracket by the CAS to the battery for now. Will swap that to the earth stud later just to make it tidier really.

Oh, speedo still doesn't work :d Hoping it's because I've not given the mk2 odometer the 'key' feed from the warning loom mk2s have

Well done Dommo, thats the hard bit done. Word of advice when you go to the DVLA office to process the paperwork, ask to speak to a clerk who is experienced in the kit car registration process and it should all be very quick & painless (plates issued same day is possible) with no requirement for an inspection by them.