Best N/A eninge is.....?

The Seer

Always  wondered about peoples thoughts would be regarding fitting the 2.5V6 engine from a Mondeo, or perhaps the Rover KV6 lump? Used to have a mk1 Mondeo which seemed a pretty good unit, so thought the unit from the ST200 or ST220 should provide a powerful and reliable solution in OEM standard form? Doubtless they can be fitted with a Type 9 box. Possibly not the best combination of weight vs power, but would it be an economic option compared to fitting and tuning a VX or similar to achieve the same output?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• perksy

• Blatman

• Matt Seabrook

• stu999

I'd love something like this...... but the XE will do for now.

Nice!!

b****y hell, just watched the vid of the dyno run on that engine.......sonds fantastic!.

I received the following e-mail from Hartley today.  That should move a se7en along quite nicely...

2.8 Liter twin turbo H1V8 at Birmingham ( UK ) Autosport International Show

Working with owner Jack Frost of Holeshot racing to provide the turbo kit and engine top end, a twin turbo 2.8 liter H1V8 engine will be on display in the HoleShot Racing Booth at the Birmingham Autosports Show this weekend.

The engine signifies the beginning of a cooperative effort to provide the UK market with an engine that will set new standards in horsepower, low weight and reliability.

If you are at the show, please drop by the Holeshot racing booth # CP1 so that we can meet you and learn your interests.

If I were to ever replace either of my engines, any replacement would be getting refreshed with a hone, rings, big ends and ARP bolts, whether it was a Vx, Zetec, K sereis or whatever. For me, the benefits of the refresh far outweigh the relatively small costs of doing the work...

Why - if it wasn't needed (other than the K series :p )?

Peace of mind...

Ahh, is that the bit when you start it for the first time with a lump in your throat, hoping that you did put everything back together right, and nothing is going to play up?

And then spend the next few hundred miles driving like a wuss, listening for strange noises?

:devil:  :p  :D

He does that anyway  :p

I'd love something like this...... but the XE will do for now.

Nice!!

It sounds a bit like a pinto!!! :)

I have found the cap an engine! :D

If you are at the show, please drop by the Holeshot racing booth # CP1 so that we can meet you and learn your interests.[/i]

I think I might be found drooling over that at some point over the next few days....  :p

If I were to ever replace either of my engines, any replacement would be getting refreshed with a hone, rings, big ends and ARP bolts, whether it was a Vx, Zetec, K sereis or whatever. For me, the benefits of the refresh far outweigh the relatively small costs of doing the work...

Why - if it wasn't needed (other than the K series <!--emo&:p )?

Peace of mind...

Ahh, is that the bit when you start it for the first time with a lump in your throat, hoping that you did put everything back together right, and nothing is going to play up?

And then spend the next few hundred miles driving like a wuss, listening for strange noises?

:devil:  :p  :D

Nope. I ran my Cossie in at Curborough doing a sprint. It was double driven too :p

And John...

Bog off :p

Anyone tried a w**kel?

.....that'll be Blatters again then..... :oops: