• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• perksy

• Blatman

• Matt Seabrook

• stu999

No, I didn't. Good job Matt, John, Stu and Tommo know me well enough, otherwise I'd be in trouble... again... :oops:

Well, It seems to me that when it comes to choosing the "best" engine,everyone looks out the tunnel vision specs.The type that won't allow vision beyond VX, Ford , maybe Toyota or if you want to be " really " different, Honda. As mentioned earlier, massive bhp isn't required to put a smile on anyones face. Why has nobody mentioned  VW 1.9 tdi with 130bhp std. probably 160 chipped. and more torque than you'd know what to do with.  Where are all those pigeons, I've got the cat !

Mike.

well if you take the n/a out of the equation  :p  

vag diesels are good I swear by them but its hard to put the power down in a Golf never mind something a third of its weight, coming to diesels If a man could graft a 335d motor under the bonnet he would have a weapon (its rear wheel drive to start with )  340bhp and 512 lbs feet of torque  :love:  :love:  :love: and It will do 45mpg  in a heavy car   :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

OOps, Forgot about the N/A bit. sorry ! BMW diesels are the obvious choice but don't think you'd get the box into the tunnel. I'm running a screaming 8v vx motor onto a Manta box.What I want to know is what diesel motor would suit my box, with or without adaptor ?

Mike.

Back to the Rover KV6 comment - lad up here runs one in  a sprint Dax, awesome :0   It looks menacing even at idle with lots of belts and pulleys rotating and big air horns sticking out of the individual throttle bodies.  It's solidly mounted and connected to an eye-wateringly expensive Drenth sequential box (ex touring car) :love: .  I believe his tuned version is chucking out way over 300bhp, but it keeps chewing up main bearings.  His fall-back engine is a standard spec KV6 which only musters around 220bhp, but it still seems to leave everyone else behind.

Good job Pringles were re-stocked at weekend  :D  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :D

Good job Pringles were re-stocked at weekend  :D  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :D

Ive just discovered the fat content of Pringles and banned swmbo from buying them  :0  :0  :0  :down:  :down:

I know it's been linked to already but worth some pics methinks.

Want to have a power to weight ratio of 900BHP/Ton? :D

This is the engine to fit.  :love:;)

Hartley V8 Spec:

75 degree odd fire V8

2.8 LITER, 170 cu. in. displacement

84mm Bore X 63mm Stroke

4 cams, 32 valves via internal silent chain

530mm wide x 485mm long x 530mm high

400HP @ 10,000 rpm with stock street cams

245 ft-lbs torque @ 7500 rpm

200 lbs engine weight

Billet nitrided steel 180 degree crank

4340 Carrillo H-beam rods

Billet 6061-T6 aluminum crankcase

Dry sump oil system with 4 stage pump

7.25" or 5.5" Twin disc clutch

DTA S80 full sequential ECU

Thats 400BHP at 10000 rpm!!!!!!! :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

Weighs approx 200lbs & an uprated type 9 (Quaife/BGH version) fits straight on.  :D

This is what it looks like

12195.jpeg

This is it next to a 2.0l Zetec

12196.jpeg

Ideal for a Seven, this it it going into a Caterham.

12198.jpeg

Costs seem to be $30K US so about the same (ok a touch more) as a highly tuned Duratec.  :oops:  :down:

Have to agree with Custardtart....  :t-up:

I think it would end up being a £25k conversion but for the ultimate Westy engine it has to be the winner in my book too......  :love:  :p

If anyone disagrees they are obviously just plain wrong....  :D  ;)