• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• perksy

• Blatman

• Matt Seabrook

• stu999

it would be as unreliable as a K series (mentioned above - *sniggers*).

i may or may not have been taking the p1ss, just felt it needed adding for completeness

And a Millington block YB is also very light, just like your wallet would be :oops:

Still want one though :love:

was fondling just such a beast the other day.  the head was a work of art  :love:  :love:  :love:

The K series in a Se7en is only unreliable if you dangler up the cooling system. Get it right and it's a perfectly acceptable engine providing it's built properly with the right bits...

cheese and onion please Mark

Sorry Matt don't do cheese - makes me wretch and throw up  :D  :D  :D  :D

Smoky Bacon  ???  ???  ???

Good ere innit  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  ;)

Found it! go to www.westfield-world.com (sorry, I dont know how to do clickys) and look at the engine comparison page. Duratec is quoted as 97kgs., and the XE 2.0 as 120kgs. I guess that is without ancillaries, but whatever I think it is comparing like with like. The Duretec is all ally, the XE is cast iron block and ally head. If you have an ally block XE of course it is a different story, but aren't they expensive as well?

:D

This one might go on for a bit Mark    :D

Stephen

Quick look on Migweb and it's saying the XE Does weigh 120kgs BUT that's 'Fully dressed' with Manifolds etc

Be nice to get a definitive answer though    ???

I dunno Perksy, all I do know is that the 2.0 duratec in the factory demonstrator goes so quick in any gear and at any revs from 1750 to 7250 that I just had to have one. I'm not knocking the XE, its just getting a bit long in the tooth now, and IMHO it's time to make way for the new kid on the block and thats the duratec. No question.

The K series in a Se7en is only unreliable if you dangler up the cooling system. Get it right and it's a perfectly acceptable engine providing it's built properly with the right bits...

In my book 'perfectly acceptable' doesn't include having to rebuild the motor before installation - unless you wish too ;).

If you are going to give a 'K' some stick, you would be a fool not too - because you will probably end up doing it anyway. Just with more damage :down:

Any Nuts and Raisins available, Mark?

Ain't we got enough of those already  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D  :D  :D

Just another large slug of red for me please ............ maybe a fruity St Margaux  :D  :D  :D

A nice Balti with Bacardi an' coke 'ere...

can't remember if the Honda 2000s got a mention.

It did Mate earlier on    :t-up:

Anyway what was the original topic question   ???    :D   :oops:    :D